The Brooklyn Buzz
October 11, 2019
Early Release - Friday, October 18th (1:30 dismissal time)
IN THIS EDITION:
- Summary of the week
- Junior Hurricette's - Makeup Game
- End of the quarter
- Parent Partnership
- Brooklyn Gear Sale
- Brooklyn Birthday Club
- Expectations at Football games
- Drop off/Pick up times
- Drop off/ Pick up procedures
- Important Dates
- Contacting Brooklyn School
Summary of the week/upcoming information
Thank you to everyone who supported the book fair. Early in the week our 1st graders had the opportunity to go to the Brooklyn Fire Department. We had a great turnout for conferences, thank you. This week we completed a fire drill and we exited the building really quickly. Students attended an assembly for the PTA fundraiser. Materials should have come home with kids on Thursday. Fall is definitely in the air, hope you all enjoy this beautiful weather.
Thank you for all your support and commitment to Brooklyn School!
Mrs. Cristin Cicco
Junior Hurricette's - Half Time performance RESCHEDULED
Rescheduled Junior Hurricette Performance is Friday, October 18, 2019 at 7PM at the BHS football stadium.
End of the quarter
Next Friday, October 18th, students will be dismissed at 1:30.
Parent Teacher Partnership
F.A.S.T will start up again, starting October 7, 2019 at 5:15. The fall session will last 8 weeks. Our coordinators are still looking for families to join this family focused group.
What is F.A.S.T...
- Improve children’s behavior and academic performance;
- Strengthen families and empower parents;
- Help schools succeed by increasing parent engagement and improving learning climate; and
- Increase social capital by building positive relationships between parents, families and schools.
If interested, click this link and print the flyer. You can send the flyer into the school and give to the office.
Football Season is in the air - please read to see our expectations of students at the games.
- Students will sit in the student section unless they are sitting with a guardian.
- Students will not run behind the stadium.
- There is no playing football or other sports in the grassy areas.
- No backpacks are allowed at the games.
- No profanity allowed at the games.
- Don't walk on the track.
- Brooklyn students are not allowed on the visitor's side.
- If you leave the game you can't come back in.
- Make sure that your ride picks you up on time.
School Hours - Arrival Times and Departure Times (Kindergarten - 12th)
The doors will open for students beginning at 7:30 each school day. Please plan accordingly when dropping off your child in the morning. School starts at 8 am. Breakfast will be available from 7:30 am to 8:00am. Please see the drop off procedures below.
Students will be released from class to depart at 3:11 pm. Please see pick up procedures below.
School is in session from 8:00 am to 3:11 pm.
If we have no record of the child being out of school you will receive an automated call.
If students have appointments, please get a doctor's note and send in with them when they return to school.
Drop Off/Pick Up procedures
3 Lots - Blue, Gold & White
Grades K - 3 ~ BLUE LOT drop off and pick up
Grades 4-7 ~ GOLD LOT drop off an pick up
Grades 8-12 ~ WHITE LOT drop off and pick up (students from the high school will not be permitted to cut through our school to pick up siblings, they can meet them at the exit for the white lot.
To assist in the flow of traffic, we are asking that students be dropped off and picked up based on the oldest child.
For example ~
- If your oldest child is in grades 8-12, use the WHITE LOT in the back of the HS to drop off and pick up all children in your family.
- If your oldest child is in grades 4-7, use the GOLD LOT at the main entrance of the PK-7 building to drop off and pick up all children in your family.
- If your oldest child is in grades K-3, use the BLUE LOT off of Behrwald Avenue to drop off and pick up all children in your family.
PTA News and Updates
Brooklyn School Kalahari Fundraiser
Thursday, January 2, 2020 ONLY $129!!
October 10th - October 24th - PTA Fundraiser
October 10th - Conferences (3:30 - 9 pm) Teachers will reach out to families, closer to the date
October 11th - No School
October 18th - Early Dismissal
November 12th - PTA fundraiser pick up
Contacting Brooklyn School Personnel
Attendance Line ~ (216) 485-8171
- When reporting your child off, please include: first and last name of the child, grade, reason for absence, who is reporting the child off and a number you can be reached.
Mrs. Cristin Cicco ~ Principal
Ms. Lara Smith ~ Assistant Principal
Mrs. Annie Bir ~ Guidance Counselor (Grades 4-7)
Mrs. Denise Smith ~ Guidance Counselor (Grades PK-3)
(216) 485 - 8173
Mrs. Laura Paul ~ Brooklyn School Secretary