Norris Nobility News
Our faculty newsletter....
September 11, 2015
A Point to Ponder:
You can do what I cannot do. I can do what you cannot do. Together we can do great things! ~ Mother Teresa
Which word in this quote resonates with you?
Abney's Accolades and Acclamations (aka A Cubed)
Katie Clark is knocking it out of the park as our PTA Rep! She is taking this leadership role seriously and is doing an excellent job of keeping us informed!
Tu Lam offered up a wonderful idea on how we might use subs in the future so that some of our teachers can go watch fellow teachers here and at Scott in action! Great idea, Tu. I am working on it!
Have you noticed how fast our morning drop off has been? Sometime soon, stick you eyes out back and look. I am convinced one of the reasons it is moving so quickly is because Tosha Harper has started the safety patrol and she has trained them well. You GO, Tosha!
- Communication is KEY! Quite frankly, we need to up our game, me included. SO, whenever you have: a change in schedule, have someone coming in for a meeting with you, sent out a grade level email about important information, let's make sure to let Kristen know. She is our front person. She is the one parents call first, see first, and ask first! Let's make sure we front load her so that she is not stuck trying to answer something she doesn't even know about. Deal?
- Speaking of communication, make certain that you invite your classroom parents to Norris Now when your class is performing. Michelle and I are very interested in expanding our parent and community involvement.
- The Google Classroom assignments that Natalie has been sending us are AWESOME. I have already learned so much, especially about Exemplars. Listen, the assignments are short and to the point, they don't require much time to complete at all, AND they are LOADED with info that we all need to be doing. I know because I have been completing the assignments right alongside of you. Remember when I said, I am not going to ask you to do something that I am not willing to do myself? This is one of those things. I am doing them...are you? It's an expectation.
- Save the Date...Dedication is right around the corner on September 20th at 2 pm. Here are the answers to the questions I have been receiving...we will all attend, we will wear our black skirts/slacks, white shirts and Norris jackets, the program lasts about an hour, and we will sit together.
Did you know?
- My door is literally open most of the time and I LOVE company! If it is ever closed, just know that I am meeting with someone or I am under a crunch to complete an assignment. So, if you need me and the door is closed, send me a quick email or stop by Amanda's office and she can help decide whether or not to interrupt.
- If the door is open but I am not in the office, which honestly is most of the time, and you need me, let Kristen know. I always carry my walkie and she can hunt me down!
- Sunshine Dues are DUE!!!
- PTA membership is due!