2014 TRU Audition
Dazzle the TRU Community with your best 2 minutes!
Special offer for our TRU actor friends at Hola!
Our sponsors will be offering you special deals in the coming weeks, as well as raffle prizes for more than 20 lucky winners, including gift items from Actors Connection, Actors Access, CastingAbout.com, headshotrepros.com, BackStage, Ripley Grier and Studio7NYC headshots. We already have confirmations from a dozen theater companies, as well as Jeffrey Dreisbach from McCorkle Casting, Jamibeth Margolis, Barry Moss of MKA Casting, Albert Bramante of Emerging Talent and Lorna Rainey from Talent Exchange. We expect at least 50 companies, and a dozen more casting directors, agents and managers. And we are at a terrific space: Engelman Recital Hall at Baruch Performing Arts Center. As always, you will be treated like gold.
A secret: we will actually pass in the first 80 actors who apply, without screening. After that, we will only let in TRU members and AEA, and hold your application until the end of the submission period to see if there are available slots left. So it's to your advantage to apply now (and you also get the early bird discount.) Please visit http://www.truonline.org/2014TRUAudition1.htm for more information
Non-singing auditions: Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 10am-11am
Singing Auditions: Sunday 11am - 6pm (you will be required to perform a monologue, too)
• $50 if registered before March 5 (postmark)
• $75 if registered after March 5
• Equity actors may take $10 off the audition fee
Basic Audition Requirements
• Non-singing auditions: you will have a two-minute audition slot in which you may perform two contrasting monologues.
• Singing auditions: you will have a two-minute audition slot in which you may do a monologue and a song. Please check appropriate box above if you wish to sing. MONOLOGUE IS REQUIRED. Sunday 4/6 is our singing audition day.
• We anticipate that you will need to bring 60 headshots & resumes with you the day of the audition. We will confirm the actual number needed at a later date.
• You will be assigned a time slot one week prior to the event. We expect all slots to be filled, and to have a waiting list. If you cannot use your audition slot, we ask that you let us know
as soon as possible so that we may fill your slot with an alternate auditioner.
• If you cancel 72 hours prior to your scheduled time, you will receive a refund minus a $10 processing fee. No refund will be offered if you cancel after Thursday 4/3 at 10am.
• Confirmed contact information for the attending producers will be posted AFTER the event, on our website. Please go to our home page at www.truonline.org and look for the “2014 Auditors” link.
We look forward to seeing you there!