Summer Fun for June 14-27
Things to try from St. Joseph Catholic School Library
There will be just a few links in each of the summer e-library newsletters. The links will be grouped into 5 categories:
- Think it through: brain challenges to keep your mind alive and your skills sharp
- Just Do it! Physical challenges to keep your body active
- D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything and Read): book trailers, podcast episodes, book reviews, and stories to read or listen to
- Create: ideas for art projects, cooking, building, etc...to help you grow and expand
- Soul Food: Prayers, saint stories, facts and trivia centered around our Catholic Faith
Be good. Pray always. Remember: You are loved!
THINK IT THROUGH
AT Home VBS! with the Sacred Heart of Jesus!
Visit this link to find all the resources you'll need for a fabulous Sacred Heart of Jesus VBS. Snack ideas, videos, prayers, scripture, games...it has it all! See below or click HERE.
Just Do it!
Enjoy read alouds, games, activities, and discussions for free!
Drop Everything And Read
Listen to Lily the Frog tell 3 tales!
This is a delightful podcast that offers lots of sweet bedtime stories. This episode tells 3 fables! Visit Tales from the lilypad! I especially enjoyed the second story about the Crow and the water! Find it HERE
Mutts: Summer Diaries by Patrick McDonald
Epic! is still accessible through the end of June! So hop on over and enjoy this classic cool down as a start to your summer vacay! Relax and smile as you enjoy these silly comic strips featuring the lovable Mooch and Earl! For ALL AGES
STAMPED! Grades 6 and up
by Jason Reynolds A young-readers' edition of Dr. Ibram X. Kendi’s award-winning Stamped From the Beginning reveals the history of racist ideas in America while explaining their endurance and capacity for being discredited. **I have NOT read this book, but it is at the top of my stack of summer reads. By reading this book I hope to add to my understanding of the lives and struggles of those in my community. Review/summary found HERE.