VCR PRESENTATION 5
FILL IN THE BLANK WITH THE WORD THAT BEST FITS.
As a chemist, my brother hates _______________________ problems; he wants there to be an exact answer that used a specific measurement to everything in his life.
unable to be measured or assessed (also answered or judged) precisely
pondero, ponderare, ponderavi, ponderatum-- Latin for to weigh
also incorporates the Latin root im for not or without and the Latin root able for capable of doing
- from Medieval Latin
- originated between 1785-1795
CHOOSE THE SENTENCE IN WHICH THE WORD IS USED INCORRECTLY.
- Gazing up at the night sky that warm summer's night, the stars seemed an imponderable distance away.
- Fashion sense is one of the imponderable human traits, there is no scale or precise measurement for good and bad taste.
- Measuring the chocolate chips was imponderable; there had to be exactly one and one fourth cup in the batter.
- Sometimes there are so many contributing factors to environmental science that the predicted impact is imponderable; scientists only have rough estimates.