Association for Language Learning
for trainee teachers
Welcome to your subject community, languages trainees!
The Association for Language Learning is the major subject association for teachers of languages in the UK, run by teachers for teachers. We exist to support and represent language teachers - of all languages, all levels, all sectors.
Whether you are a PGCE, ITT, SCITT, or GTP student, we have lots going on for you!
- Training and networking: Whether you need to keep your subject knowledge up to date or simply meet up and share ideas with fellow practitioners, ALL provides training courses and networking events through our branches and networks across the country.
- Keep updated: Want to know the latest on the world of languages and teaching? Get regular updates, ideas, information and inspiration from our weekly ALLNet e-bulletin, our termly Languages Today magazines and other publications.
- Advice and support: We are a national, independent and supportive community of language teachers working on your behalf. Have your say on current developments in languages education and make your views heard through ALL.
You can join as a student associate member for just £20 per year, or £30 for two years!
And have you heard about Language World?
Language World is our annual conference dedicated to language learning and teaching. Find out about the latest resources, methodology and practice you can apply to your teaching. Meet, seek advice and be inspired by practitioners from your sector. It's never too early to get ideas and support from your peers and field experts!
And as we would like to help you in your journey to becoming an effective languages teacher, we offer discounted rates for trainee teachers!
ALL for Primary Education Specialists
- Primary hubs : popping up all over the country to provide you with the support and resources you need to keep up to date.
- Monthly newsletter: detailing all the latest news and events from primary languages.
- Primary Steering Group: meeting regularly to bring together the national voice of our members.
- Online resources: visit our webpages for a wide range of resources, guidance and training, including many free resources from ALL partner organisations