Great Basin Gazette
Family Newsletter June 2018
End of Year Housekeeping!
If you have not done so, please take a moment to log into your Learning Coach online school account and indicate your intentions for next school year.
Here is a fun video that will guide you through re-registration:
What do you do with your school materials?
You will receive a comprehensive list of what needs to be returned to K¹², what items should be kept and used in the next grade level, and what items can be returned if they are still in new, unused, pristine condition. You can also see which materials need to be returned in My Info. To view more information, see the Learn Which Course Materials Will Need to be Returned article.
8th Grade Parents on GBVA Facebook Page:
To stay up to date on the most current information, we ask that any parents of 8th grade students (without younger GBVA siblings) exit the GBVA Facebook group and join our High School group. Here is the link to join:
VEGAS SUMMER BUCKET LIST
- Splash Pads – Don’t drink the water but Do bring your water toys! *Click here for a City-wide Splash Pad List with Map
- YMCA Pools – many with Slides and water park features
- Desert Breeze Swim Park *Closed on Fridays, Kids 2 and under are free!
- Henderson Multi Generation Pool
- Black Mt. Pool – Family Movie Dive In events are listed on our calendar!
- Drive in Movies – Tuesday Family Nights
- Fishing at Floyd Lamb – Kids under 12 do not need a license to fish
- Horse Riding and Petting Farm at Floyd Lamb Park – SUMMER CAMPS TOO!!!!
- Hiking at Mt. Charleston
- Camping at Mt. Charleston
- Bass Pro Shops summer free crafts FREE
- JR Pony Farm – Adorable farm animals and unlimited pony rides.
- McKee Ranch FREE non-profit group *Bring carrots for the goats, horses, rabbits, and chickens!
- Bonnie Springs Ranch *See a hang’n, walk through a Western Town, or visit the petting zoo.
- $1 Movies Suncoast
- Outdoor Movies from Henderson, Las Vegas, and North Las Vegas
- Summerlin 4th of July Parade
- Discovery Childrens Museum
- Natural History Museum
- Springs Preserve Thurs Toddler Storytime and Farmers Market
- Town Square Storytime Thursdays and Splash pad
- Shark Reef *Locals get a discount
- Lions Habitat
- Gilcrease Nature Sanctuary
- Indoor Golfing
- Bowling – Many casino’s offer bowling and great kids prices
- I Love Burgers – play area
- Michaels Crafts
- Home Depot Crafts FREE
- Lowes Crafts FREE
- Lakeshore Crafts FREE
- Star Nursery Kids Gardening
- Artsy Nannies crafts FREE
- Paint your own Pottery and Storytime
- Indoor Ice Skating
Summer Staff Availability
Office - 702-761-6745
K12 Tech Support - 1-866-512-2273 http://help.k12.com/