- An Elementary School Media Specialist’s job is centered around collaboration with other teachers and staff, teaching students how to use different technologies to become 21st century learners, maintaining the media center, and fostering the love of reading for students.
- The media specialist is no longer stationed in a physical space with four walls known as the library.He or she should be out and about collaborating with students and staff to help students become innovative learners and think beyond the norm.
- Give a class a mini-lesson within the workshop model on how to pick a non-fiction topic to write about using questioning from The Project Approach.
- Create a QR code activity for Kindergarten students to begin the research of an author study such as Eric Carle.
- Visit classrooms to teach how to give a Book Talk! Book Talks could be posted on the school website or in the hallway!
- Plan with the classroom teacher to help come up with inquiry based culminating projects students can choose from. Possible outcomes would be an Animoto video, iMovie project, whiteboard applications (Doceri), posters, board game wordles,etc.
- Assist with Skype Mystery Number.
- ****Please note that these are only ideas! I would, of course, tailor to the needs of the school and individual classrooms.