Message from Mission Control
* Tomorrow, February 21st, Dr. Chadwell will be on campus. We may be walking into rooms and/or visiting during recess, so if we come in to say hi, just continue on as normal. Somehow, I left that off the "important dates" at the bottom, so I apologize for the short notice.
* Round 1 of our new clubs begin THIS Friday. Make sure to follow clubs schedule. Also, make sure to print off where ALL of your students will be during the club rotation. It makes is SO much easier for the office staff if/when early dismissals take place.
* Don't forget to complete the STAAR online modules that Bobby emailed you about. This needs to be done by everyone who received the email. Make sure to turn in the certificate to Bobby before our STAAR training on March 5th.
*K-2 classes, please remind your parents to stay in their vehicles during dismissal. We are having more and more parents walk up to get their students, and this causes a safety concern. If you have parents doing this from your class, please speak to them individually and remind them of our dismissal procedures.
* We want to welcome our newest staff member, Jonas Schenzel, to our Elkins family! Jonas joined Emily yesterday in SPED/Resource, and we are extremely happy he's here. I think he has met most everyone, but if you haven't had the chance, please make sure to introduce yourself!
* Good luck to the cast of the Lion King as they perform tomorrow night at Bass Hall! Shout out to Vicki for all of her hard work!! We will definitely be the BEST!!
* Bobby and I will be doing walk throughs this week and next week in order to get our 2nd semester walks completed. If you have not had your official TTESS evaluation yet, that will be coming in the next few weeks as well.
* We are still actively searching for a 5th grade teacher, so please let me know if you know of anyone looking!
* Please let me know if you are wanting to tutor and/or hire a tutor/sub so you can work with struggling students. We do have some funds that can be used for this purpose, so if your grade level is interested, please let me know.
* Sign up to bring something for our our ice cream sundae bar! Sunshine Committee has organized this event for this Friday, February 23rd. Sign up sheet is on the door in the lounge!
* STAAR training is Monday, March 5th. Please do not schedule dr appts or tutoring/etc. on that afternoon. Thanks so much!!
This year, we will be implementing our GE life principles during announcements, as well as having the opportunity for kids to respond using the white interactive papers in the hallway (formerly used for vocabulary).
Each life principle will be talked about during a 1 week period. You will be getting the schedule sent this week, and it will also be posted on the One Note staff portal. We will discuss on announcements, and students will have the opportunity to write (or draw) how they show this life principle. For example, the first one is self discipline. They can write on the paper how they show or can use self discipline. This will require thinking and application... so it brings in the higher levels. We will talk about the expectations of how this will be used on the announcements, so the students are familiar with what is acceptable.
Just as the vocabulary has been done in the past, the life principles will remain posted on the wall, so that the students can see them and refer back to them. The Elk of the Month will be chosen based on the life principles that have been discussed for the month. Each student chosen will not have to demonstrate ALL of the life principles, but one or more.
This week, our life principle is:
Humility- not arrogant, not proud or haughty, being humble
DATES TO REMEMBER
Wednesday, February 21st:
Dr. Chadwell visit: 9:45-10:45
Lion King performance at Bass Hall (6:00 pm)
Thursday, February 22nd:
Bobby off campus at meeting (AP meeting)
Friday, February 23rd:
Ice Cream Sundae Bar in Lounge
Clubs Today- First rotation of our new clubs
Turn in Voting Ballots for employee of the year
Thursday, March 1st:
Kori off campus at training
Friday, March 2nd:
Dr. Suess' Birthday
Kinder Field trip to Zoo
Monday, March 5th:
STAAR Training (ALL STAFF MUST ATTEND)
Tuesday, March 6th:
1st Grade Field Trip (Seaquest Aquarium)
Thursday, March 8th:
Math/Science Night 6:00 pm
Tuesday, March 20th:
6th Grade Parent Night at Middle School @ 6:00 pm
Wednesday, March 21st:
Lion King Performance @ 6:00 pm