October 22, 2021
- Oct. 27- Werner Wednesday Spirit Day
- Oct. 27- Picture Retake Day (9-11 a.m.)
- Oct. 28- Werner Dines Out @ Torchy's Tacos (see flyer below)
- Oct. 29- Halloween Parade @ 2:45
NEWS FROM WERNER
- Werner Wednesday Spirit Day, Oct. 27- Wear your Werner gear or something blue or white (note: This is picture retake day)
- Picture Retake Day, Oct. 27- Picture retake day is Wednesday, October 27 from 9:00-11:00. If your student missed picture day or needs a re-take, please have them stop by the office for an order form. Please note: original picture package must be turned in to the photographer for any retakes being done. Questions? Please call the office at 488-5550.
- Help Needed- We need some help with picture retake day on 10/27 in the morning. Please check out this link for more details.
Halloween Parade and Parties- Our annual Halloween parade and parties are back, but will look a little different with our current health/safety protocols. Our annual Halloween Parade will begin around 2:45 p.m. on Friday, October 29. Parents are invited to view the parade out on the playground. Parties will be held in each room before the parade. Due to current restrictions, we can only accommodate two volunteers per classroom for the parties. Room Parents and/or teachers will be communicating out to families on needs. Visitors will not be allowed for the parties this year.
Guidance on Halloween Costumes- Halloween is a great opportunity for dressing up in costumes that are creative and fun. We ask that you help your students plan for costumes that are not scary (e.g. zombies, vampires, etc.) and that do not use pretend weapons of any kind. Guns, knives, nun-chucks, bows/arrows, etc. will not be permitted. Students are okay with wearing facemasks. Please check the weather forecast before coming to school with their costume. The parade is outside, pending on the weather, and will last about 20 minutes.
A Note from Our Health Office
Students who develop COVID-like symptoms while at school will need to go home. This includes: new or worsening cough, upset stomach, sore throat, runny nose, congestion, and headache. Some of these symptoms overlap with other health conditions such as seasonal allergies or anxiety. If your student has a known health condition, it needs to be documented with a note from a medical provider and turned in to the Health Office in order for your student to remain at Werner with these symptoms. You can look up the health conditions on record for your child by logging in to ParentVue, click on ‘Health’, then click on ‘Health Conditions’.
Link to immunization information:
· If your student cannot get vaccines because of medical reasons, you must submit a Certificate of Medical Exemption to your school, signed by a health care provider licensed to give vaccines. You only need to submit this certificate once, unless your student’s information or school changes.
· If you choose not to have your student vaccinated according to the current recommended schedule because of personal belief or religious reasons, you must submit a Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption to your school. Nonmedical exemptions must be submitted annually at every new school year (July 1st through June 30th of the following year).
· Two ways to file a nonmedical exemption, certificates and online education module:
o File the Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption WITH a signature from an immunizing provider, OR
o File the Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption received upon the completion of our online education module.
"Return to Learn" Guidance
If your child is experiencing illness symptoms, please refer to the CDPHE Return to Learn Guidance for helpful pointers as to whether your child can return to school or not.
Library Volunteers Needed!
The Werner library is excited to welcome back our seasoned volunteers and bring new ones on board! We would love your help shelving books and performing other library tasks anytime throughout the school day. We are happy to accommodate all schedules and availability.
Please email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
If you’re yet not in the PSD Volunteer system, sign up here:
Due to the district’s covid restrictions, volunteers must also sign up here this year:
All volunteers must wear a mask while inside a PSD building.
Werner Health/Safety Protocols
NEWS FROM WERNER PTA
Werner Weekly 10.22
October Meeting Recap
We welcome Cloie Heffern to the PTA Board as Vice President of Community Service!
Katherine, from Partners gave an informative presentation focused on adolescent brain development, decision making, and skills to help talk to your child about substances. She informed us on the importance of understanding the difference between your Lizard brain (fight, flight, freeze) vs. Wizard Brain (critical thinking). How using facts & data can lead a conversation with youth and create visibility into what is really happening in their peer group. Perception vs. reality was another key tool to utilize in discussing these topics with kids and teens. Some resources Katherine suggested: Forward Together CO, Rise Above.
October Book Club
November 9 | 10:00 am | Location TBD
It’s not too late to join and read this month’s pick, “Trauma Proofing Your Kids”, A Parents' Guide for Instilling Confidence, Joy and Resilience, by Peter A. Levine and Maggie Kline. Please register if you plan to attend.
DEI Committee: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The PTA will be founding a DEI committee. As founding members, this first committee year we will be focused on partnering with Principal Camp to identify the needs of the Werner Community and within guidance of the National PTA creating a mission for our school and begin to offer community guidance and support. Register HERE if interested. Meeting time and place is still in the process of confirmation and will be sent to everyone who is registered as soon as we receive word from the district.
Werner Dines Out
Torchy’s Tacos | October 28 | 4:00 – 9:00 pm
Upcoming General Meeting
Tuesday, November 9 | 3:30 pm | Werner Elementary
Grownups Night Out November| Board & Brush | Day & time TBD
PTA Spirit Wear
Like our Cool PTA Mom tees? The Werner PTA has designed some Grownup Tees and Coffee Mugs for purchase to show your PTA spirit!
Follow us on Facebook to stay engaged with School Events and see what the PTA is up to at the school.
FREE MONEY FOR YOUR SCHOOL! Did you know there are ways to donate money to the school by doing things you already do?
- If you shop at King Soopers with a loyalty card they will donate to Werner when you sign up here.
- If you shop on Amazon, you can sign up for Amazon Smile and they will donate 1% of purchases.
- If you like to eat out, the PTA hosts Werner Dines Out once a month and the restaurants we partner with will donate back to the school.
Thank you for supporting the Werner Elementary PTA!
PTA President | Anjani Rogenski
PTA Vice President | Nicole Kidd
PTA Treasurer | Patti Haswell
PTA Secretary | Chelsea Padgett
VP of Community Service | Cloie Heffern
PTA Board member | Juliana Schump
Connect with us at PTAWernerElementary@gmail.com
There Is No Wrong Way to PTA. How Do You PTA?
Werner Dines Out-Oct. 28
NEWS FROM PSD
Apply to Substitute in PSD!
Are you interested in gaining valuable work experience? Would you like a flexible schedule and the opportunity to make a difference?
Have you considered working for Poudre School District as a substitute?
We want to meet you!
For more information, pay scales, and an application link, visit:
Once your application has been processed, you will be invited to sign up for an orientation.
If you have questions about the process of becoming a substitute for PSD, please contact the substitute coordinator at: email@example.com
PSD 21-22 School Year Updates
PSD Now Newsletter
One of many ways information is shared is through the PSD Now community newsletter, which features timely information about the latest happenings in the district. This is emailed to families and interested community members about every other Thursday.
Here is the most recent newsletter of PSD Now. For archived newsletters and information about how to sign up, go to: https://www.psdschools.org/department/communications.