DR. NULL'S CISD WORD OF THE YEAR...
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK...
Being an educator is tough. Don't choose to be around people who make it tougher. #teachergoals
THINGS TO KNOW...
*Get some rest! You deserve it after the LONG 4 day week!
*SITE BASED team (used to be called CORE team) will meet on Monday after school in the conference room. An agenda will be sent to them on Friday.
* REPORT CARDS - Will go home on Tuesday in Tuesday folders. If you have EL students, remember to MAKE A COPY of the EL report card, send the copy home, file the original in your files for safe keeping as you will need it every nine weeks.
* NINE WEEK AWARDS - If you have not completed your nine week awards google doc, please take time to complete that. We would like to start delivery next week.
* RED RIBBON WEEK - is next week. See below for theme for each day.
* BOOSTERTHON KICK-OFF will be Friday morning. We will do PK, 2nd and 4th at 8:30 with K, 1st and 3rd at 9:30. This will be in the cafeteria.
* SOCIAL DUES JEANS WEEK -
* CANNED FOOD DRIVE will kick off on Friday, October 25. Please encourage students to donate at least one canned good to the cause.
* SOCIAL EVENT OF THE MONTH - is Thursday at Longhorn Steakhouse right after school.
*FACULTY MEETING - Chris Richelt, GT coordinator, will be here presenting.
*JEANS WEEK - If you paid your social dues, just a reminder that jeans week is October 28 - November 1. In order to participate, you must have turned in your social dues to Kathie.
1. Something good that has happened this school year
2. Something you struggle with this week or this year
3. One suggestion you have to improve our school
Third - October 21 - near Missy/Rachel's rooms
Fourth - October 22 - entrance to fourth grade
Specials - October 23 - "be kind" area
Special Ed - October 24 - "be kind" area
RED RIBBON WEEK
Tuesday - Let's TACO 'bout "Bright People Don't Use Drugs." Wear bright or neon colored clothes.
Wednesday - Let's TACO 'bout: "Feeling Wild About Being Drug Free." It's wild hair day!
Thursday - Let's TACO 'bout: "Jenaiuses Don't Use Drugs." Wear jeans and nerd accessories.
Friday - Let's TACO 'bout: "Being RED-y to Live a Drug Free Life." Wear something red.
I'VE VOTED CHALLENGE
ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE
*Virginia Vera, Missy Giammatteo, Mendy Carr and Becky Playfair for coming to help in the garden Saturday!
*Fall Festival Committee for organizing a great evening of educational fun for our families.
*Elsy DelSalto for being an amazing Parliament leader! - Missy G.
*Macy Montalvo for stepping in and helping with choir dismissal on Wednesday. - Stephanie
*Third grade team and Michelle Anthony for helping us get ready for Red Ribbon Week. Great job! We are SO grateful for your extra help! - Becky
FOCUS FOR 19-20
*integration of technology
*implementation of guided math 3x a week
*improving Tier 1 best practices
SUGGESTION BOX RESPONSES
FUTURE DATES TO KNOW...
18 - PTO Fundraiser @ Flips
21 - Virginia Vera's birthday
21 - Core Team Meeting
22 - Kara out at training
25 - Boosterthon Kick Off
27 - Andrea DeLaTorre's birthday
28 - Faculty Meeting
30 - Tami out at training
31 - Tami out at training
1 - Tami out to training/Kara out - Sub administrator
4 - Team Leader Meeting
5 - Boosterthon Fun Run
6 - Stephanie Richeson's birthday
7 - Foundations out to training
8 - Third grade patriotic progam
8 - Second grade to Children's Festival
11 - Staff Development Day
12 - Dr. Phillips visits campus
14 - Gretchen Montgomery here/Tami out PM
14 - Spring Creek BBQ Night
16 - Connects Academy at College Park - technology training
18 - Faculty Meeting
20 - Tami out to Principals' Meeting
21 - Group Pictures/Retakes
25 - 29 - THANKSGIVING HOLIDAYS!!!!!
25 - Karen Boren's birthday
26 - Lisa Lara's birthday
28 - Kim Johnson and Rachel Henderson's birthdays