The PAW Print
Week of September 24, 2018
This Week at MBMS
Tuesday, September 25: 8th Grade Spirit Night at Pizza Hotline
Friday, September 28: PTSA Back to School Dance 3-5pm
Friday, October 5: End of Interims
Monday, October 8: Two Hour Early Dismissal
Monday, October 15: MBMS Flu Clinic
Tuesday, October 16: Interims Distributed
Friday, October 19: Two Hour Early Dismissal
Fall Intramural Sports Permission Form
Are you interested in a fall intramural program? If so, pick up an application attached next to the gym doors or ask your PE teacher. The activities being offered are running club, kickball, volleyball, and weight training/basketball.
All applications must be turned in by Friday, September 28th.
Panther Pride T-Shirt Fundraiser
The 6th grade is conducting a fundraiser to increase school pride with out Panther Pride t-shirt.
MBMS Community Member,
This year the MBMS would like to continue to make meaningful and lasting connections with the surrounding community members. Our focus this year is on students being “PAWSitive” in the school building are when in the community. Our “PAWS” initiative focuses on four areas:
Prepare to succeed
Accountable for actions
Teachers and staff members are on the lookout for students demonstrating these behaviors throughout the school day. When students are seen being successful in those areas they are awarded a ticket to be entered in quarterly drawings. The MBMS staff is asking for any local businesses to provide donations to support these students for making the Margaret Brent community a better place to be. This will enable both students and staff to strength our bonds with all stakeholders in our community. If you are interested please contact Mr. Peeler. 301-884-4635 Extension 37112
The Flu Clinic is Coming To MBMS on October 15!
If you want your child to be vaccinated, please:
1. Complete the consent form online at www.vaccineconsent.com OR fill out every section of the attached Consent Form. If you fill out the paper consent, write neatly and use ink. Only fill out the hard copy consent or the online consent. Do NOT fill out both.
2. Use your insurance card to fill out your insurance information accurately. Your insurance company will be billed. There is no co-pay or deductible. You will NOT be charged by us or your insurance company.
3. Read the Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) and talk to your health care provider or the school nurse about any questions you have.
4. Return the consent form no later than October 5, 2018.
To complete the consent form online, go to:
Student Handbook and Student Code of Conduct
General Information and Reminders
- $5.00 activity fee (for PE/Hallway lockers) can be paid to homeroom teachers beginning Tuesday, September 4. Please pay by Friday, September 28.
- The Back to School PTSA school dance is scheduled for Friday, September 28. More information to follow.