Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
September 11, 2017
SWIMMERS WIN LAKE HAVASU MEET
CHS Boys and Girls Swim won the Lake Havasu meet last week with a combined score of 194. Individual winners included Charlotte Stenmark (200 Freestyle), Cristian Alvarado (200 Freestyle), Ashlyn Reidhead (200 IM), Jonathan Chiou (200 IM and 100 Breaststroke), Tayson Willey (50 Freestyle), Sarah Quintana (100 Butterfly), Michael Klauss (100 Butterfly), Sasha Gesner (100 Freestyle), Nathan Jurek (100 Freestyle and 100 Backstroke), Seth Chun (500 Freestyle), Abby Taylor (500 Freestyle and 100 Breastroke), Boys 200 Medley Relay, Boys 200 Freestyle Relay, and the Boys 400 Freestyle Relay. Congrats, Wolves!
LAST WEEK’S WINS
- Varsity Badminton def. Desert Ridge 6-3 and Desert Mountain 9-0
- Volleyball def. Tolleson Union (F 2-0, JV 2-0, V 3-0), Westwood (F 2-0, JV 2-1, V 3-0), and Trevor G. Browne (F 2-0, JV 2-0, V 3-0)
- Freshman Football def. Mountain Pointe 49-3
- JV Football def. Mountain Pointe 25-7
- Girls Tennis def. Marcos de Niza 9-0
- Boys Golf def. Skyline and Mesa High Schools
THIS WEEK’S HOME EVENTS
- Monday, Sept 11th: Girls Tennis vs Basha @ 3:30 pm; Girls Volleyball vs Basha: F @ 4 pm, JV @ 5 pm, Varsity @ 6 pm
- Tuesday, Sept 12th: Boys Tennis vs Brophy @ 3:30 pm; Badminton vs Trevor G Browne @ 4 pm; Unified Flag Football vs Williams Field @ 6 pm
- Wednesday, Sept 13th: Girls Tennis vs Perry @ 3:30 pm
- Thursday, Sept 14th: Boys Tennis vs Brophy @ 3:30 pm; Swim vs Highland @ 4 pm; Girls Volleyball vs Maryvale: F @ 4 pm, JV @ 5 pm, Varsity @ 6 pm; JV Football vs Horizon @ 6 pm
- Friday, Sept 15th: Badminton vs Gilbert @ 4 pm
BOYS SOCCER TEAMS WITH SI SE PUEDE
CHS Boys Soccer teamed up with the Si Se Puede Foundation to host a soccer clinic on Saturday. CHS has helped out for the past three years and had 12 boys there this year. They had a blast! Thanks to Coach Sasha Hunter, Coach Justin Gilbert and Coach Skylar Crudup for helping out as well.
HOMECOMING NEXT WEEK
Homecoming is almost here! Tickets for the September 23rd dance are on sale in the bookstore for $20. Guest passes must be turned in to Mrs. Templeton’s office no later than Monday, September 18th.
SUICIDE PREVENTION AND AWARENESS
In recognition of National Suicide Prevention Week, Chandler High is taking a proactive approach to suicide prevention and awareness. On Thursday, students will view the suicide prevention video created by the Mayo Clinic. In partnership with parents, CHS will host Teen Lifeline offering a parent information and support session on Tuesday, September 19th from 5:30-6:30pm in the CHS Media Center. We will continue to provide opportunities for students to connect, reach out for support, and access resources. As a Chandler family, we all play a role in supporting our students.
GOLF FOR COACH CARLSON
Please join CHS in raising money for one of CHS’s own, Coach John Carlson. Coach Carlson worked over 35 years in Chandler and led many athletes and teams to championships, including five national wrestling titles, nine national track titles and two national swimming titles. View the “Golf 4 Coach Carlson Cancer Invitational” flyer for more info on how you can help.
NATIVE AMERICAN COLLEGE PATHWAYS EVENT
CUSD is hosting an event for Native American students (9th-12th) and parents. This is an opportunity for students to learn about college application requirements, financial aid, important deadlines, and scholarships for Native students.
CARE CENTER THANKSGIVING REGISTRATION
AP/IB TEST REGISTRATION
- AP Test Registration is now open! All students in an AP class should register for their exams online by September 15. Payment is due by December 15. Please see the AP Test flyer for more detailed information.
- IB Test Registration is now open! All juniors and seniors that are taking IB exams this year need to complete their online registration by September 15. Payment is due by November 1. See attachment for detailed registration information.
- Are you planning on requesting financial assistance to help pay for IB or AP exams? The form is available on the test registration site and is DUE to counseling by September 15.
NHS BLOOD DRIVE
All college visits will take place in the CHS College & Career Center, unless otherwise specified. Students should sign up outside of the College & Career Center to attend a presentation. They will receive a pass in class on the day of the presentation.
YEARBOOK INFO AND SENIOR ADS
Senior Yearbook Recognition Ads are a great way for parents, families and friends to commemorate student achievements and important milestones. In addition, revenues from recognition ads help CHS create a better yearbook. View the Senior Ad flyer for additional info and the order form.
Introducing Chandler High School’s official senior photographer – Cilento Photography! Be sure to be photographed by Cilento for your senior yearbook portrait no later than 10/21/17. The studio is located at 4513 N. Scottsdale Rd #112 Scottsdale, Az 85251 Cilento Photography will also be on campus for scheduled sessions 10/9/17-10/13-17.
Feel free to call 480-947-4467 or visit www.Cilentophotography.com for more information.
Earn School Cents points from September 1, 2017- March 31, 2018.
CHS can earn up to $3000 when you shop and log receipts from Chandler Fashion Center and The Boulevard Shops
SEPTEMBER: EARN QUAD POINTS when you eat at any Chandler Fashion Center restaurant or eatery. Visit ShopChandlerFashionCenter.com to view your dining options. To learn more visit www.shoppingpartnership.com/chandler
For your convenience, drop receipts off in our front office and we will submit them for you, or you can bring in your receipts to Guest Services located on the upper level across from Barnes and Noble. Let’s make CHS money!