Enroll My Student
Pleasant Hill Elementary School in Lexington, South Carolina
Pleasant Hill Elementary School Enrollment
Welcome to Lexington One and Pleasant Hill Elementary!
Our mission is to cultivate a caring community where ALL learners are extraordinary communicators, collaborators, creators and critical thinkers.
2020 Update: Students that will be NEW to PHES (4K - grade 5) may enroll online for the upcoming 2020-21 school year. Please click the button "Enrollment Forms for 2020-21" below to download enrollment paperwork. Return the forms by email, postal mail, or drop-off at our school.
If your family has questions about the enrollment process or would like paper enrollment forms mailed to you, please contact the main office by phone at (803) 821-2800 (option 2).
Enrollment for the 2020-21 school year is available now online. Use the button above to get started.
¿Quieres empezar la escuela en otoño del 2020? La inscripción para el próximo año escolar (2020-21) está disponible. Utilice el botón de arriba para comenzar.
The full-day tuition-based 4K program at PHES is capped at 20 students and is filling quickly. As of November 2020, there are a few spots available. Please register now for the 2020-21 school year.
Phase Two Plan Summary
2020-2021 Academic Calendar
Lexington One: Stronger Together
Phase Two Plan Summary
2020-2021 Academic Calendar
Pleasant Hill Elementary Enrollment Timeline
- First day for teachers and staff: August 24, 2020
- First day of school for students: August 31, 2020
- Phase two begins for hybrid students in 4K-2 grade: October 5, 2020
- Phase two begins for hybrid students in 3-5 grade: October 19, 2020
- Selections due for your child’s instruction model for the 2nd semester: November 4, 2020
- End of First Nine Weeks: November 5, 2020
- Report Cards are Issued: November 12, 2020
- Thanksgiving Break: November 25-27, 2020
- Winter Break: December 23-January 1
- Students and Staff Return from Winter Break: January 4, 2021
- End of Second Nine Weeks and End of First Semester: January 15, 2021
- School Holiday: January 18, 2021
- Second Semester Begins: January 19, 2021
- Report Cards are Issued: January 25, 2021
Enrolling New Students at Pleasant Hill Elementary
Documents Needed: In order to register your child in a Lexington One school, you should have your child’s official birth certificate with parents’ names on it (not a wallet card or short certificate) and a completed South Carolina Certificate of Immunization to the school for which your child is zoned.
For proof of residency, please have a current electric bill/statement showing your name and home address within the district and your South Carolina driver’s license or other state or federal photograph identification.
If you are unable to produce any of the documents listed above, please contact our school at (803) 821-2800 (option 2) or the Office of Student Services at (803) 821-1029 to discuss alternative documentation that may be acceptable.
- If your child will be 4 years old by September 1, your child may be eligible for the half-day 4-year-old kindergarten program. You must apply for the program at the elementary school your child would normally attend. Please click here for more information.
- If your child will be 5 years old by September 1, your child is eligible for 5-year-old kindergarten. You must register your child at the elementary school your child would normally attend.
- If your child currently attends a 4-year-old kindergarten program in Lexington County School District One, you still need to enroll your child for 5-year-old kindergarten.
- If your child will be 6 years old by September 1, your child is eligible for first grade.
- If your child currently attends a 5-year-old kindergarten program in Lexington County School District One, you do not need to enroll your child for first grade. This is done automatically for you.
- However, if your child currently attends a private 5-year-old kindergarten, you must register your child at the elementary school your child would normally attend.
ENROLLING YOUR CHILD IN LEXINGTON DISTRICT ONE WHILE RESIDING IN ANOTHER DISTRICTIf you do not live in Lexington District One and wish to enroll your child in one of our schools, you must meet the criteria outlined below. Please see the Lexington One website for more information.
- The child must own real estate in the district having an assessed tax value of $300 or more. That means that the real estate must be valued at $5,000 or more and must be listed in the child’s name.
- The parent or legal guardian must bring a copy of the deed, which has been filed at the Lexington County Court House, showing the property owner as the child. Once this has been verified, the parent/legal guardian must pay additional tuition before the child may enroll in a school in Lexington One.
- The person responsible for educating the child must then pay the additional tuition, the difference between the taxes he/she pays on that property each year, and the district’s cost to educate a child. (This is usually an amount equal to the prior year’s local revenue per child raised by the millage for school district operations and debt service reduced by school taxes on real property owned by the child paid to the school district in which he is enrolled.)
- If the payment to the school district is not made within a reasonable time, as determined by the district, the child must be removed from the school after notice is given.
2020-21 Pleasant Hill Elementary School Supply Lists
Please be sure to select the supply list that is the correct one for your student. 4-K students in our full-day tuition-based program do not have a school supply list.
- Please click here for the list for students in grades K - 2
- Please click here for the list for students in grades K - 2 immersion
- Please click here for the list for students in grades 3 - 5
- Please click here for the list for students in grades 3 - 5 immersion
- Please click here for the list for students in grades K-5 at LOOLA
Lexington County School District One is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all students, parents/legal guardians, staff, visitors, personnel and community members who participate or seek to participate in its programs or activities. Therefore, the district does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or any related medical conditions), color, disability, age, genetic information, national origin, or any other applicable status protected by local, state, or federal law.
The district will use the grievance procedures set forth in policy to process complaints based on alleged violations of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; the Equal Pay Act of 1963; the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008; and Titles I and II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The district designates specific individuals to handle inquiries or complaints. To find out who to contact and how to contact them, please go to our website at http://www.lexington1.net/contact-us.
Due to the public health emergency brought by COVID-19 and the continuing uncertainty regarding the virus’s impact upon district and school operations for the 2020–2021 school year, it may be necessary for the district to alter, amend or otherwise modify the information contained in this document.
The district reserves the right to make any necessary changes to the contents of this document, consistent with amendments or revisions to policy or administrative rules, which may be required or occur as a result of changes brought about because of COVID-19.
The district will make reasonable efforts to inform you in a timely manner of any material changes made to any calendar, plan, policy or protocol listed in this document.