Rolling Hills Express
Rolling Hills Engineering Academy Newsletter March 2020
MARCHing Toward Excellence
RHE is the right place. The right things are quality instruction, willing learners and supportive parents. The right time is every day. We will support teaching, learning, high expectations and discipline every day.
We have the right team- you, your child and the RHE staff. We're MARCHing toward Excellence. "Left, left, left, right, left!"
Principal Cherish Pipkins, M.Ed.
If you need assistance, our on-campus after school program, Right at School, is a great option!
Dollars for College!
Attention Kinder and First Grade Parents:
- Complete the Opt-In form and LISD seeds an automatic $50 into your child's account.
- Create your personal family- owned account online. Step 2 allows LISD to make deposits, as well as match your contributions, up to $150.
Your child's account can earn performance incentives! Attend a parent conference in the fall and spring and earn $25 for each. Ensure your child has 97% attendance and receive $25 into your child's account.
Click on the picture for additional information. Get money for your child and complete Steps 1 and 2 TODAY!
What did RHE Student Attendance look like in February? Green is Good!
Mark Your Calendars!
Week of March 2 Read Across America Week
March 2 PK- 2nd Read Alouds/ 3rd-5th Book Tastings
March 3 Dr. Seuss Theme Day
March 3 LISD Truancy Forum
March 4 RHE Career Day
March 6 All Pro Dads/Pop-Up Attendance Party
March 11 Warm-Up Wednesday
March 13 AttenDANCE
March 16-20 Spring Break
March 24-25 Mock STAAR Testing 3rd-5th grade
March 25 Warm Up Wednesday
March 27 Pop-Up Attendance Party
RHE Career Day is Wednesday, March 4. Students will be exposed to a variety of careers and professionals.
Mock STAAR Testing will be March 24-25 for 3rd-5th grade.
The Countdown is On! STAAR Testing is coming up!
Highlights from February: RHExcellence is what we do!
Congratulations to the Teacher, Staff Member and Students of the Month
Black Excellence: Black History Program
LISD Black History Bowl
This is Us: Students + Parents + Staff = TeamExcellence!
Black History Projects
We Won't Forget Trayvon Martin
RHE Staff Represent For the Culture
New Books are in for our Library! We're excited to share these new titles with students.
Mock Block Party celebrates Student Improvement and Achievement!
Valentine's Day at RHE
Tea Cups celebrate!
Bus Driver Appreciation Week
World Read Aloud Day: Sharing stories in every class!
100th Day of School and 100 Positive Calls to RHE Families
Friday Night Lights
Tutus and Tennis Shoes hosted by Sister 2 Sister was a Sweet Success!
February All Pro Dads: Father Figures come out in Big Numbers
Next Level Teaching and Learning
Ms. Randle's fifth grade math students perform "surgery" on math problems, complete with doctors' notes and goals for each patient.
Exploration Academy students create bracelets for the Year of the Rat with Mr. Cheng during their Chinese lesson
Growing reading muscles
Developing our youngest scholars
Mrs. King competes against Superintendent Dr. Granger in LISD's First Gumbo Cook Off
Mrs. Thompson rewards students for reaching the Sight Word Touchdown!
Morning Announcement Leaders
Danae and Chad are finalists in the Future Chefs Competition
Standard Dress Code
Mondays: Uniform tops and uniform bottoms
Tuesdays: Uniform tops and uniform bottoms
Wednesdays: College shirts with uniform bottoms
Thursdays: Uniform tops and uniform bottoms
Fridays: Jeans allowed, only if wearing an RHE/LISD spirit shirt. Students are not to wear jeans with a regular uniform shirt.
Become an RHE Volunteer for 2019-2020. Click on the volunteer graphic below. We need You!
Click below to view the 2019-2020 LISD Calendar
· Safety is our top priority. Be sure you have your photo id, anytime you visit campus. You will be required to check-in at the office and receive a visitor’s pass.
· The front foyer is the designated goodbye station each morning. To ensure student safety, only RHE staff and students will walk the halls during morning intake. Friendly staff members are stationed to greet and escort children to class.
· A dismissal card is mandatory to pick up your child. If you forget your card, please check in at the office, with your photo id.
· Classes begin at 8:00 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m. We understand there are times when children miss school. If your child will be absent, please contact Registrar Ms. L. Smith at 972-218-1528. To maintain an orderly dismissal process, please note that children will not be checked out early after 3 p.m.
· We encourage partnerships with parents. Please come by to visit your child’s classroom to witness excellence in action. Parent observations are to last a maximum of 30 minutes. Parents will not interact with teachers or students during the observation time. Be sure to schedule a parent-teacher conference when you need to speak with the teacher.
· We will recognize students on their birthdays. You are welcome to bring packaged birthday treats for your child and all of their classmates. Birthday treats will be distributed at the end of day. Please contact your teacher to inform them about birthday visits.
· PK-5th students wear red, white, or blue collared shirts, tucked into khaki, black or navy bottoms. We will reinforce and remind students of the district dress code. As you prepare for cooler weather, note that appropriate sweaters, sweatshirts, or sweater vests worn inside the building are red, white, blue, or campus/LISD affiliated. Jackets, windbreakers, and coats are to be removed inside the building.
o Grade level information will come home on a weekly or monthly basis, based on the team. Be sure to sign up for your teacher’s Class Dojo or Remind to conveniently receive messages about class.
o RHE Campus newsletter will be shared at the beginning of each month.