The Gayman Gazette
What's Happening in and Around Gayman Elementary School?
Important upcoming dates
- Tuesday, March 12th – Friday, March 15th – PSSA Testing (Grade 5 Writing ONLY)
- Friday, March 22nd – Early Dismissal 11:55 AM (PM Kindergarten Reports for AM Session)
- Thursday, March 28th – Portfolio Conferences from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (No School)
- Friday, March 29th – No School (Good Friday Holiday)
- Monday, April 1st – Kindergarten Portfolio Conferences (No School for Kindergarten ONLY)
- Tuesday, April 2nd – Kindergarten Portfolio Conferences (No School for Kindergarten ONLY)
- Thursday, April 4th – Portfolio Conferences from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Friday, April 5th - Young Author's Day
- Tuesday, April 9th - Tuesday, April 16th - PSSA Testing (Grades 3-6 Reading & Math)
- Thursday, April 18th - Bus Driver Appreciation Day
- Monday, April 22nd & 23rd - PSSA Testing (Grade 4 Science ONLY)
- Friday, April 26th - Staff versus Staff Pillo Polo Fundraiser - Tohickon Middle School
Portfolio Conferences Coming Soon
Soon you will receive a letter from your child's teacher with the date and time for your portfolio conference. Your child will not receive a traditional report card for the third marking period, rather a portfolio with student work samples will be sent home along with a reflection sheet on Thursday, March 21st. Your child's portfolio and the reflection sheet must be returned to school on Monday, March 25th.
State Representative Celebrates Gayman Artists
Last Thursday evening, State Representative Marguerite Quinn hosted an Open House Art Exhibition of student work from Gayman Elementary School. With the help of Mrs. Alderfer, our art teacher, 50 student works were selected to be hung and displayed in the regional office for the month of February. Representative Quinn acknowledged the hard work of our outstanding students and emphasized the importance of a well-rounded education, which includes the three “A’s”: academics, to keep our minds strong, athletics to keep our bodies healthy, and the arts, to cultivate creative thinking and problem solving.
March Boomerang Award
A partnership between CB Cares, Outback Steakhouse in Jamison, and the Bucks County Herald
This youth recognition award was created to recognize students in the Central Bucks School District for living by one of the 40 Assets, designated monthly. The 40 Developmental Assets (www.search-institute.org) are positive experiences, behaviors, and personal qualities that all youth need to possess, in order to be responsible, caring, and strong in the face of peer pressures and other life challenges.
March Asset: #28 Integrity. Young person acts on his/her convictions and stands up for his/her beliefs. Young person talks openly about what he/she believes and values. They "talk the talk and walk the walk."
Kids Care Club "Jared Box" Project
On Thursday, March 21st Kids Care Club will be making "Jared Boxes" to help brighten the lives of hospitalized children at St. Christopher's Children's Hospital. Students will be filling shoebox size plastic storage boxes with small gifts,toys, cards, and games. A donation box will be placed by the front office from Friday, March 8th - Tuesday, March 19th.
To participate in the Kids Care Club project click here.
PSSA Testing Beginning Soon
Students in grades 3, 4, 5 and 6 will begin PSSA testing soon. An informational letter including testing dates is being sent to parents today. Parents can also access an electronic version of the letter by clicking here.