Mrs. Horak's Class Newsletter
Volume 13: April 7, 2016
Final Rotation of Specials
These will be the days of our specials for the rest of the school year. They start on Monday.
Bits and Pieces
- STAR JAR PARTY!!!! Just before Spring Break our class filled our Star Jar. We are going to celebrate by bringing a stuffed animal friend to school tomorrow, Friday, April 8. I will also bring in popsicles as a treat!
- Our field trip to the Thomas Wolfe Memorial is Tuesday, April 12. Please make sure your child has comfortable shoes on, as we will be walking around downtown. We have been reading all about Wolfe and his life during our Teacher Directed Reading this week. The students will be very prepared when they visit his home next week.
- Please continue to quiz your child on his or her multiplication facts. So far only TWO students have mastered all the facts from zero through 10! Way to go Benjamin and McColl!
- We have made a radical shift in our classroom! We no longer have assigned seating or regular desks. This way, students can choose where they sit each day, as long as they make a wise and responsible choice. If they don't, they lose that privilege and I will assign them to a seat. The really neat part is that there are single desks, tables for two or three, and even some raised desks for those who are fidgety and might prefer to stand than to sit. We are still adjusting, but I think they are doing well and enjoying a little more freedom.
- We are in the last quarter! Report cards will be coming home tomorrow!. We now have dates for our End of Grade tests. They will be on Wednesday May 25 and Thursday May 26. PLEASE make sure your child is at school those days!!!
April 23: Spring Art Festival
Book Fair: April 23-29
April 29: Early Release
May 16: Early Release
May 25 & May 26: EOG Testing
May 30: Memorial Day