Who Do You Think You Are?
Ellis Island Virtual Field Trip
- Students will learn the reasons people come to America through oral histories of recent and historic immigrants.
- They will explore the interactive historical timeline, which explains immigration patterns since the colonial period.
- Students will also explore Ellis Island, the preeminent immigration port of the early 1900s, in an interactive tour.
- Graphing activities based on 200 years of immigration data encourage students to practice data analysis and research skills.
- Students will develop an understanding of the concept of immigration
- Compare and contrast immigration through Ellis Island and Angel Island