WMS Friday Forecast
August 25, 2017 - Volume 1
WELCOME to the 2017-2018 School Year
We ended our first week here at Wredling strong! Our students came in with positive attitudes, new supplies, and a desire to learn. We want our students to have a strong year of growth, to struggle and succeed, and a desire to learn. To do all of these things, we are going to need your support.
Middle school is that time in a child's life when they test us. They want to push us away and pull us close at the same time. They tell us one thing while they mean another. Kids who have never told a lie before will sometimes "fudge" the truth. Some who have never taken a risk will show risky behavior. Our job is to coach, push, nudge, cajole, and propel them into better habits and better decision-making.
I am excited about building a new staff at Wredling. Almost 50% of our teachers are new to the Wredling community. We are working to honor old traditions and build new ones together. We are working with teachers to build the strongest possible teams to help your student(s) grow.
I am looking forward to a wonderful year with our RedHawks!
Thank you for all you do to help our Wredling community.
Principal Wredling Middle School
Some photos of our RedHawks from the first day...
A few Chromebook reminders:
- Follow the instructions for Handling, Care, and Transport as outlined in the D303 Student Electronic Device Expectations.
- Fully charge devices at home each evening and bring it to school each day.
- Leave your charger at home to prevent misplacing it here at school where they all look the same!
- Log off your device when you are not working on it for protection.
- Tell a staff member or administrator if you receive an inappropriate message or threatening email.
- Be responsible for your own device.
- Don't touch someone else's device.
Upcoming Audition Opportunities!!!
- We are doing the musical "The Jungle Book" this year! Auditions are the week of Sept. 5th. To Audition access the musical Google Classroom page (code tcty2b to join) and find the form to sign up for an audition slot. There is other information you need and resources to help you be successful! Audition workshop - Thurs. Aug. 31st in Rm 404.
- Treble Ensemble tryouts are next week, both before & after school for girls in Choir, Band and Orchestra. See Mrs. Bach in the Black Box for an audition packet/time!
- Hawk Chorus, Wredling's all-boys singing group, will be starting in a few weeks. It is open all boys in Choir, Band & Orchestra. Be sure to stop by the Black Box for a Hawk Chorus packet.
- Honors Orchestra auditions will be the week of Sept. 5th. Current string players looking for a challenge should sign up for an audition time and get an audition packet in the Orchestra room.