KASL School Library Month Contest
Share your video celebrating libraries!
Celebrate school librarians, their programs, and the essential role strong school libraries play in a student’s educational career by participating in a video contest sponsored by the Kansas Association of School Librarians.
Focus: Students are encouraged to submit videos showing examples of how their school library connects to this year’s School Library Month theme, “Lives Change @ your library.” How does your school library change lives? How has an experience at your school library positively impacted your life?
Videos should illustrate how the school library program changes students’ lives. Contestants are urged to unleash their creativity and have fun! Use humor, drama, music and/or special effects to showcase your amazing school library.
Contest Rules and Eligibility
- Videos must be three minutes or less.
- Videos must be mostly live action. A combination of live action/photos is permitted, but live action should be the emphasis.
- Creativity should be emphasized…music, comedy, drama…while showing what a great school library program can do to change lives.
- Video must be submitted by a student or students in a school with a school librarian.
- Schools may submit multiple entries. Only one winner per school will be awarded.
- Entries must be emailed to KASLPresident@gmail.com by May 15, 2014.
Judging and Determination of Winners
Each entry will be reviewed by the KASL Executive Council, and points will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Does the video focus on a school library and/or librarian using the school library month theme “Lives Change @ your library” and the focus questions? 5 points possible
- Does the video show evidence of creativity? 5 points possible
- Does the video meet the time limit and live action requirements? 5 points possible
- Is the school librarian a KASL member? 2 points possible
Three ranked winners will be chosen. Only one winner per school will be awarded. Winners will be announced at the Kansas Library Conference, October 29-31, 2014, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Wichita, KS.
Contest Entry & Video Release Form
Student Names: ________________________________________________
Video Name: ____________________________________________________
Grade Level: _____K-5 Elementary _____6-8 Middle _____9-12 High
School Phone Number: _____________________________________________
School Library Webpage URL: _______________________________________
I hereby give the Kansas Association of School Librarians (KASL), a division of the American Association of School Librarians (KASL) and the American Library Association (ALA), irrevocable right to use my name, picture, photograph, video, or all forms of media for promotion, education, or any other lawful purpose. I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product. I also waive the rights of compensation or ownership thereto.
I have read this message and I am fully familiar with its contents and competent to make this release.
I agree to hold harmless the KASL, AASL, and ALA from any claims for damage, libel, slander, or invasion of privacy.
It is understood that my participation in this video is done of my own free will.
Print Name: ____________________________________
Signature: _____________________________________ Date: ____________________
School Librarian: _______________________________