Room 10 News
Mrs. Yeagle's Class
Open House was a great success! It was wonderful seeing so many of you and catching up. The students really seemed to enjoy the evening and hopefully you had fun seeing what we've been up to this year.
Over the last three weeks, Third graders have been working hard on the following...
- Poetry - Color Poems, Bio-Poems, and Haiku.
- Geometry Concepts - Identifying Polygons, specifically quadrilaterals and types of triangles.
- Reading Fairy Tales - Identifying the story elements and comparing fractured Fairy Tales.
- Writing - Beginning stages of creating their own fractured Fairy Tale.
In the next two weeks, students will be working on...
- More Geometry Concepts! Area and Perimeter of Polygons, and begin the Real World Experience for Unit 4.
- Writing their own fractured Fairy Tale of "Little Red Riding Hood" or "Three Billy Goats Gruff".
- Reading independently to build their comprehension and stamina.
- Begin a Web Queston Illinois to learn facts about the state they live in.
- Dress for the weather. Spring tends to have cold mornings and warmer afternoons. Please send your child dressed accordingly.
- Summer is around the corner. Please remind your child to continue to work hard and try their best in school. We have three cold weather days to make up and lots of fun things planned!
- No School Friday, May 1. Teacher In-service Day.