Mrs. Nutter's Art Room
Bellflower and Ridge Elementary Art Studio
Art Room News
For 2019-2020, I will be teaching at Bellflower Elementary (M-TH) and Ridge Elementary on Fridays. I am looking forward to a wonderful school year!
Check out our Artsonia Gallery!
Thank you to all that support out student artists!
Mentor Schools Homepage
Follow Mrs. Nutter
Bellflower Art Club
The WARHOL GROUP will meet on the following Monday mornings at 7:05 a.m.:
The GALLER GROUP will meet on the following Monday mornings at 7:05 a.m.:
The RODIN GROUP will meet on the following Monday mornings at 7:05 a.m.:
*Future dates may be added for the second semester
Grading Scale for Art Class
Elementary Art student overall assessment is based on the following:
- Knowledge and use of art concepts including the elements of art and principles of design
- Craftsmanship (control of tools and materials)
- Creative Expression (The ability to use memory and imagination for visual expression)
O Outstanding 9.5-10 pts. out of 10
- Applies elements and principles of design in a highly effective manner.
- Shows superb craftsmanship
- Demonstrates a high level or creativity and originality
- Uses previous knowledge towards new lessons
- Demonstrates ability beyond grade level
S+ Above Average 8-9.4 pts. out of 10
- Shows some awareness of applying elements and principles of design
- Shows an effective level of craftsmanship
- Demonstrates creativity
- Makes connections to prior learning
- Demonstrates above grade level
S Satisfactory 7-7.9 pts. out of 10
- Demonstrates an average understanding in the application of the elements and principles of design
- Shows an adequate level of craftsmanship
- Demonstrates some creativity
- Begins to make connections to previous knowledge
- Demonstrates grade level ability
S- Below Average 6-6.9 pts. out of 10
- Demonstrates less than satisfactory understanding of the elements and principles of design.
- Shows poor craftsmanship
- Shows a low level of creativity
- Has difficulty in making connections to previous knowledge
- Shows below grade level ability
NI Needs Improvement 5.9 pts. or less out of 10
- Has not adequately completed art work
- Needs improvement in skill and technique application
Satisfactory means that a student is performing at grade level. Please look at the descriptors and understand that a “Satisfactory” does not equate to a “C” grade. Keep up the great work and effort, and remember there is always room for improvement!
Students will also receive a grade for the following indicators:
1. Demonstrate artistic technique and skills appropriate to grade level
2. Demonstrates an understanding of art concepts
These 2 indicators will use the following grading scale:
*Kindergarten and 1st Grade will only be assessed using the indicators.
Fun Art Websites and Videos for Students to try!
Wonderful happenings in the Art Program
Students will have opportunities to explore many mediums, including clay!
We will learn about the Art Elements.
Student artwork will be on display all year in the Bellflower Art Gallery. Thank you to the PTA for helping build this.
5th Grade Field Trip
5th Graders will have the opportunity to go to the Cleveland Museum of Art.
Showcasing our students
Artwork will be on display throughout the year in our wonderful showcase at the entrance of the school year.
Pizza Box Night
Every student will have an opportunity to design his/her own pizza box. In conjunction with Marco's and the Bellflower PTA, students will be able to order a pizza in his/her own designed pizza box.
Showcasing our students
Our students will get to explore their creativity through artmaking.
Analyzing and Discussing Art
Students will openly discuss, analyze and share opinions about art.
Use of technology
Students will use technology to enhance learning. Each student will also have a digital portfolio on Artsonia of his/her artworks created while in the elementary art programs.