Friday, May 29, 2020
We Are "All-In" This Together...
We hope you have enjoyed your first week of summer vacation.
There is information regarding summer school opportunities below for your review.
Also we just received word that Pathblazers and Dreambox will be available for our students through the end of July! Additional information for learning is provided below.
Information is provided below to assist with summer meal support.
Summer Reading List
Be sure to check out Mrs. Noble's Summer Reading List below!
Curbside Drop-Off & Pick Up
If you missed Curbside Drop-Off and Pick-Up no worries. We will have another one the last week of July when we collect Chromebooks. Chromebooks are still signed-out to you from your initial pick-up unless you returned them this past week. Sign-Out sheets were updated and documented accordingly.
Our Mathews e-News will continue to be sent with district and campus updates on Friday afternoons for the time being.
Have a happy, healthy summer break!
Enjoy this beautiful weekend-
SUMMER SCHOOL INFO
Plano Remote Enrichment Program FOR SUMMER (PREPS)
The Plano Remote Enrichment Program for Summer (PREPS) offers a virtual enrichment experience for students in grades 1-7.
Students currently in grades 1-4 will choose three courses from a list of options.
Each course will require about 2-3 hours per week.
Students in grades 5-7 will enroll in a virtual project-based course incorporating strands in science, math, technology, and the humanities.
Teachers will provide virtual instruction as students navigate their courses and collaborate with other students.
Cost of Program
There is no charge for this program.
Dates and Times
June 8 - July 1
There will be a schedule provided to support up to 6-8 hours of learning each week.
How to Register
Registration opens on May 20 (we will post the link on this webpage) and students must be registered by June 1.
The Elementary Virtual Summer School Program
The Elementary Virtual Summer School program is specifically designed for students who need additional academic support. While this summer school opportunity will be offered virtually, there will be interactive lessons and support provided opportunities to connect with a teacher online and software platforms that can be used from home to support literacy and math. Students are recommended for this program by their campuses.
Cost of Program
There is no charge for this program
Dates and Times
June 29 - July 17
There will be a schedule provided to support up to 3 hours of learning each day. There will be no learning activities on July 3.
How to Register
Registration opens on May 20 and students must be registered by June 17.
Note: Online Registration must be completed in Google Chrome
- Login to Parent Portal
- Go to the Program Enrollment & Payments
- Click on TEAMS PSS Program Enrollment & Payments.
- Select your child's name.
- Click on the Summer-Night School tab and then click Continue.
- Highlight the desired course/program and click Continue
- Review the selected course(s) and the Total Tuition Amount - then, select Continue.
- If there is a charge for the course, you will receive the following prompt, "Would you like to make a credit card payment?" Select Yes and enter your payment information.
- Review Credit Card Billing Address and click the Final Review
- Review the selected course(s), payment information, and billing address. Please note, you will need an e-mail address listed in order to complete the online registration process.
- Click the Complete Registration
- You will know that the transaction was successful if you receive an authorization number. If it was not successful, please verify that all of the information is correct and try again.
- Click the Download button to download and print an authorization receipt.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact the Summer School office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESS to LEARNING
Summer Online Resource Access for Students and Families
- Free Online Resources for Students & Families (English & Spanish)
- Family Home Connections (English & Spanish docs below by grade level)
La Transferencia Electrónica de Beneficios en caso de Pandemia (P-EBT) es un beneficio único para las familias elegibles que perdieron los beneficios de almuerzo gratis o reducido debido al cierre de la escuela. solicitud abierta en junio. hhs.texas.gov/es/pebt
Summer Grab and Go Meals
In partnership with the Texas Department of Agriculture, the Plano ISD Food and Nutritional Services Department will be providing free grab-and-go summer meals to the public beginning, Tuesday, May 26, 2020, at the following campus sites:
- Armstrong Middle School
- Bowman Middle School – New Site
- Christie Elementary School
- Daffron Elementary School
- Mitchell Elementary School
- Sigler Elementary School
Updated curbside grab-and-go meal serving times for these locations will be from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Children 18 years of age and younger will receive a lunch for that day and a breakfast for the following day. Anyone picking up meals for students, without the student present, must bring appropriate documentation in the form of a school issued ID, report card, birth certificate or the verification letters families are currently providing during meal pick up.
Please click this button to access the form to notify the school if your child(ren) will not be returning to Mathews for the 2020-21 school year. Please send the form to Cherie.Tipsword@pisd.edu Thank you
Click the button to access the on-line Kindergarten Registration form for the 2020-21 school year.
District information regarding Kindergarten registration can be found at this link:
Kindergarten registration forms are online this year.
Parents are asked to complete the registration forms using the fillable PDF forms which is available on the website. (See the button below.)
Families of students who are attending a Plano ISD Pre-K in the 2019-2020 school year do not need to complete this online enrollment process. Families with currently enrolled Plano ISD Pre-K students will be contacted by the elementary campus their student will be attending for the 2020-21 school year.
Students who will be new to Plano ISD need to complete the following steps:
- Complete the 2020-21 Kindergarten Roundup Enrollment Forms (Button below)
- Email the completed enrollment forms and documentation listed below to your child’s elementary school campus registration email.
- Student’s birth certificate
- Student’s social security card
- Parent/guardian photo ID
- Proof of address
>House - utility bill (gas or electric only) or a home closing statement.
->House leases- Original, current lease agreement that is signed by both the resident(s) and the home owner/leasing agent, indicating an executed contract. Cover page and signature page needed
- Immunization records
Forms should be mailed to email@example.com
Campus staff will review enrollment documents and will confirm kindergarten placement for 2020-21 school year.
Kindergarten Age Requirements
- To enter kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year, your child must be 5 on September 1, 2020.
- Follow this link for information about kindergarten placement for students turning six on or before September 1: Guidelines and Form
- Follow this link for information about kindergarten acceleration for students who are interested in testing for placement in first grade: Kindergarten Acceleration
Pre K REGISTRATION
Please click the button for information regarding Pre-Kindergarten.
Summer Reading Time!
Fall in Love with Reading
Here are a few poems and stories to enjoy for Story Time. Wish we could be reading these in your classroom, but we will be together again next year! I hope you also enjoy meeting Augie, Tank and Mac. They are introducing some of the stories!
A resource to learn how to protect your home and family with Cyber-Security. From the Department of Homeland Security.
Chromebook Distribution and Support:
If you have a broken Chromebook or if you missed the timeframe for picking up a device at your campus, the Plano ISD help desk is available to assist you in obtaining a working Chromebook. Contact the help desk Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (469) 752-8767, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The help desk will work with your campus to coordinate the repair, pickup or delivery of your device.