2018-2019 Parent Newsletter
March 15, 2019 - Issue #26
- Mrs. Cook (100)
- Mrs. Rowin (100)
- Mrs. Kannmacher
- Ms. Adkins (100)
- Mrs. Ramsey (150)
- Mrs. Williams (150)
- Mrs. Outlaw
- Ms. Gase
- Ms. Field
- Ms. Baker
- Mrs. Rohne
Our current campus total is 4100! We did not quite reach our goal of 4500 Golden Tickets this nine weeks, but we were very close. A new goal will start when we get back from Spring Break...the goal is 5000 Golden Tickets by May 20th for an ice cream party!
Congratulations to Kindergarten for earning the most Golden Tickets this nine weeks!
Grade Level Totals:
1st Grade: 1100
2nd Grade: 850
3rd Grade: 800
Spring Break is March 18th-22nd...Enjoy your break!
3rd Grade Spring Musical and Project Vinata
Our Project Vinata student group followed the morning performance with a skit, written by the student group, on the effects of name calling. This presentation kicks off our last Project Vinata activity for the year, which is a "No Name-Calling" month. Students will learn more about this activity in Guidance with Mrs. Sexton.
- Travis County ESD
- Lago Vista Police Department
- Jonestown Police Department
- City of Lago Vista
- Balcones Wildlife and Refuge
Students were excited to hear about how these different agencies help our community, and got to tour each of the vehicles! See below for some pictures of this event...
Field Day 2019 T-Shirts On Sale Now...
Please do not use the front drive as a drop-off location at any point during the day.
PK/Kindergarten Round Up - April 4th
For more information about the program, please visit:
Space is limited in the Tuition-Based Pre-K Program, so be sure to get your application in on or before May 1st.
Have you purchased the yearbook yet? If not, don't wait...order a copy today! Here's how to order:
13030119 or Lago Vista
if you have any issues or can’t place an order online.
Thank you for your support in Yearbook!
Don't forget to email any pictures of events to be used in the yearbook. You can email pictures to email@example.com
Lost and Found
COLLEGE DAY IS EVERY WEDNESDAY...WEAR YOUR FAVORITE COLLEGE SHIRT!
- Monday, March 25th: Javier Orellana, Robert Gaston
- Tuesday, March 26th: Phil Moldrem
If you are interested in signing up to be a Watch DOG, please contact Ms. Howard (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check available dates.
We are back up this week, but still didn't quite reach our goal of 97%.
Attendance for the week of 3/14/19: 95%
Grade Level Attendance:
1st Grade: 95%
2nd Grade: 93%
3rd Grade: 95%
Character Trait of The Month...
- Be honest;
- Don't deceive others, cheat, or steal;
- Be reliable - do what you say you'll do;
- Have the courage to do the right thing;
- Build a good reputation;
- Be loyal - stand by family, friends, and country.
Students will learn more about this month's character trait in weekly Guidance lessons.
Hello LVES Families!
This week our Project Vinátta group announced to students that our current campus-wide activity is a “No Name-Calling Month.” In our guidance classes students are learning about how hurtful name-calling can be, and instead we should be learning more about others and their positive traits. All students are creating a “What’s in a Name” poster with their names and positive words that describe them. We hope this will encourage students to learn more about each other, see how we are alike, and respect how we are different.
We are also learning about the character trait of Trustworthiness this month. At home, it is important to help your child understand who it is safe to trust in their family and community. Children should always be able to trust their parents or guardians. We should listen to them when they need to talk, and show them they can trust us.
Hope you all have a wonderful Spring Break!
“If you don’t listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little, they won’t tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them all of it has always been big stuff.” ~C.M. Wallace
Hola familias de LVES!
Esta semana, nuestro grupo Proyecto Vinátta anunció a los estudiantes que nuestra actividad actual en todo el campus es un “Mes sin llamadas”. En nuestras clases de orientación, los estudiantes están aprendiendo sobre lo hirientes que pueden ser los nombres, y en lugar de eso, debemos aprender más sobre Los demás y sus rasgos positivos. Todos los estudiantes están creando un póster de "Qué hay en un nombre" con sus nombres y palabras positivas que los describen. Esperamos que esto anime a los estudiantes a aprender más sobre los demás y ver cómo somos iguales, y respetar cómo somos diferentes.
También estamos aprendiendo sobre el rasgo de carácter de Confiabilidad este mes. En casa, es importante ayudar a su hijo a entender en quién es seguro confiar en su familia y comunidad. Los niños siempre deben poder confiar en sus padres o tutores. Deberíamos escucharlos cuando necesiten hablar y demostrarles que pueden confiar en nosotros.
Espero que todos tengan unas maravillosas vacaciones de primavera!
“Si no escuchas con entusiasmo las cosas pequeñas cuando son pequeñas, no te dirán las cosas grandes cuando son grandes, porque para ellas todo ha sido siempre cosas grandes.” ~C.M. Wallace
LVES Office Hours
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Tara Roberts, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Missy Howard, Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendars...
- March 18th-22nd: Spring Break
- March 28th: 2nd Grade Field Trip to Sweet Berry Farm
- March 29th: Report Cards Go Home
- April 1st: 3rd Grade Math Benchmarks - limited visitors on campus
- April 2nd: 3rd Grade Reading Benchmarks - limited visitors on campus
- April 3rd: Perfect Attendance/Honor Roll Recognition during lunches
- April 3rd: PTO Meeting, 5:00 pm in Library
- April 4th: 2019-2020 PK/Kindergarten Round Up, 8:00 am-6:00 pm
- April 5th: Field Day T-shirt Orders Due, 4:00 pm
- April 16th: 2019-2020 Incoming Kindergarten Parent Information Meeting, 6:00 pm in Library
- April 16th: ES/IS GT Field Trip
- April 18th: 5th Annual GT Showcase, 6:00 pm at LVHS MAC
- April 19th: Good Friday, Student and Staff holiday
- April 26th: Cinco de Mayo Celebration, 6:00 pm at LVHS
- May 3rd: 2nd and 3rd Grade Field Day at LVHS track
- May 6th: 1st Grade Field Trip to Crowe's Nest Farms
- May 6th-10th: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 10th: Kinder and 1st Grade Field Day at LVHS track
- May 10th: Victory Walk for 3rd Grade students, 2:00 pm
- May 13th: 3rd Grade STAAR Math test; limited visitors on campus
- May 14th: 3rd Grade STAAR Reading test; limited visitors on campus
- May 17th-22nd: Ocean Week 2019
- May 22nd: Ocean Week Closing Ceremony; 1:30-2:30 in Cafeteria
- May 23rd: Last Day of School