REAGAN RAYS READ
News from your Reagan librarian!
We are off and running to a great school year! I am your librarian, Beth Brymer! Along with Lea Urbanovsky, my fantastic library assistant, we are so excited to be working with your kids! My passion is reading and all things literature and I hope to share my love and appreciation of books with all our young Rays! You probably already know that I am married to the Performing Arts teacher, Mike Brymer. We are the proud parents of two grown sons, two beautiful daughters in law, two cats and one very large Great Dane. This year marks my 30th year in Leander ISD, and my 17th year as a librarian!
THE LIBRARY IS A CLASSROOM!
What are we doing? Baby Steps!
You probably know by now that the library classes are part of the Specials rotation. That means that I see each class once every six days for fifty minutes. I love it! The PTA made a very generous donation last year and we got to start the year with 14 iPad minis and 15 ChromeBooks. We have 15 Mac desktop computers, so the library is set! I am designing library programming that will merge library skills, technology, classroom goals, digital citizenship, digital literacy and digital safety! It is super exciting to work with our kids and these great devices. They have already used the minis for our Dot Day celebration. It is a work in progress and we are taking baby steps together.
LIBRARY INFORMATION-Read on, Rays!
- Everyone checks out books! They should bring them back on their color day (It sounds way more complicated than it is!) But the kids are encouraged and welcomed to return them when they NEED MORE BOOKS! It is not necessary to wait until their color day!
- We have a great selection of online resources for the kids to use at home. Please find the library page at www.reagan.leanderisd.org Find the library link and explore the databases available. We have ebooks on Mackin Via, Overdrive and Follett Shelf that can be checked out on devices, as well as many research databases for those research projects! They can be used at home, but are password protected. I will be sending those home via classroom teacher email.
- Be looking for information for our second annual STORYBOOK CHARACTER PUMPKIN PATCH event. We had almost 200 entries last year!
- Wanting to VOLUNTEER in the best spot in the school? Give us a call!
- Our first BOOK FAIR will be held the week of November 17-21. We would love to have you come and help us! We will work with Mrs. Delisi for Reagan's annual pajama drive. Scholastic Books will give books with our new pajamas for needy children in shelters and foster care. It is a great giving opportunity!