FPMS AP Weekly Update
June 1 , 2015
Important Dates this Week
Monday June 1st 8th grade Life Guard Series
Monday June 1st Choir Spring Show Dress Rehearsal @ FPMS Cafe
Monday June 1st Advanced Theater Showcase 3rd period @ FPMS Cafe
Tuesday June 2nd Advanced Theater Showcase 3rd period @ FPMS Cafe
Tuesday June 2nd 7th Grade Athletics Awards Ceremony 8:30-9:45
Tuesday June 2nd 8th Grade Athletics Awards Ceremony 2:30-4:00
Tuesday June 2nd Choir Spring Show @ FPMS Cafe 7:15-8:15
Wednesday June 3rd Advanced Theater Showcase 3rd period @ FPMS Cafe
Wednesday June 3rd Theatefr Arts Banquet 6:00-8:00 pm
Thursday June 4th Band Spring Concert @ VHS at 6:30
Friday June 5th Early Release @ 12:55 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
Monday June 8th Staff Development Day
The 24 Best Parts About Being A Teacher
“Children are all so unique, and being able to watch them grow and progress every day is the best feeling in the world.”
Here are some of our favorite results:
1. That “oooooh” look on a student’s face when they finally get a concept.
2. The knowledge that I’m playing a little part in shaping a (hopefully) better future.
3. Every day is different.
4. Seeing a child blossom right before your eyes.
5. All the funny comments/compliments I get.
6. The daily hugs and high fives.
7. When the worst student in class finally has a break and behaves well for the whole day!
8. All the ridiculous things my kids say.
9. The priceless stories I get to share with my friends.
10. Receiving random gifts from the kids.
11. When a student identifies your class as a place they feel safe. That might mean it’s a place where they can escape tumultuous home lives, or it’s a place where they aren’t afraid to take risks, but either way it’s a great feeling.
12. When former students come back to see you because they care about you as much as you care about them.
13. Seeing the kids helping one another, both academically and socially, is so gratifying.
14. When students are excited about what you’re teaching and want to show their work off to the world because they’re so proud of it.
15. Seeing a kid smile because you made them feel special.
16. Being the catalyst for change and growth.
17. That moment when a wonderful idea comes to your mind and you expand on a topic with great discussions and they can’t wait to learn more.
18. The best part about teaching is that I can add my own personal “quirks” plus the quirks of my students within the content I teach.
19. Knowing that kids feel comfortable coming to me to talk makes all of the other negative aspects of the job not seem so bad.
20. Seeing the strategies, whether it be academic or behavioral, being used successfully.
21. When someone you have taught comes back years later and says, “you inspired me to be a teacher.”
22. Watching students grow and mature.
23. Developing friendships with my students that continue after they leave my class.
24. And the fact that being a teacher is never boring.