Flaa's Monday Memo
October 16, 2017
Great Things I Noticed Last Week!
- The Juniors just finished their poetry unit and read 15 pieces of poetry!
- US History has a great looking student-centered word wall up!
- The Sanger High School Marching Band exemplifying pride in THEIR school! Their spirit is contagious...
Nuts & Bolts
- Parent Contacts - Please remember to document parent contacts by using the google form under the "For Employees" tab within the SHS webpage. Here is the link https://goo.gl/uBo8kR
- We will have tutoring this week to make up for days lost. The tutoring list will be in the Drive.
- Please check emails twice per day and please check your teacher mailbox daily.
- All Clubs and student organizations will be able to hold meetings with sponsors on Fridays during AE. Sponsors need to send me the Fridays they want to meet. (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Friday of the month.) Would you need to meet more than twice per month?
Lead4Ward Strategies Challenge!
Try integrating one or more of the Think It Up strategies into your lessons from Lead Forward. Each one offers a few suggestions that can be easily adapted to most any content area. Check them out. Analyze & Interpret, Create/Develop and Summarize all have simple suggestions and can help engage students at higher levels and help you assess student understanding.
SHARE THE STRATEGIES YOU TRY WITH US!
Click below to access strategies
- CFA - English/SS
- Blood Drive
- Volleyball vs Bridgeport @ SHS, 5pm
- CFA - Science/Math
- 9th & JV Football vs Burkburnett @ SHS, 5pm
- Volleyball vs Gainesville @ Gainesville, 5pm
- V Football vs Burkburnett @ Burkburnett, 7pm
- UIL Band Competition @ Northwest HS, 3:15pm; Results @ 3:45