Special Edition - Seniors Spring 2021
Register for Decision Day by this Friday!
The online registration form linked here must be completed to participate in the Decision Day. Only one entry per RCHS Senior. Ms. Okeke MUST have acceptance letters, proof of employment, or military contracts to confirm the information in this form. NO confirmation = NO participation. Send any questions or concerns to email@example.com
Students must adhere to social distancing guidelines. Students must wear a mask at all times.
Apply to be a Bulldog Scholar by May 10th!
Selected scholars will have their name on the Bulldog Scholar plaque, receive honor cords to wear at graduation, and be recognized at the Senior Awards Celebration. RMSST Alumni will also use the application below for a special scholarship that will be presented at Banquet. All applications are due by 9:00 pm on Monday May 10, 2021.
Please read the application carefully as adjustments have been made to allow for a change in access to activities during virtual learning (in other words, do not assume that you won't qualify without first reading the application). The application is available at this Bulldog Scholars Link.
Honor Cords and Stoles
Honor cords for Magnet Clubs & Teams were paid by the Fund and will distributed at Senior Awards Celebration.
All other Honor Cords are handled directly by the sponsors or advisors of the individual activities. I am aware of the two deadlines below. Please contact your RCHS club or team sponsor with any questions.
- Spanish Honor Cords: Did you complete 4 years of high school Spanish? You can purchase honor cords from Mrs. Nishio for $19 but must let her know and pay by Tuesday, May 4th.
-Members of National Honor Society must purchase their regalia by May 3rd with exact change or money order brought to the Magnet Front Office.
RSVP by May 7th for Senior Awards via Evite
Reminder! Email your baby/kid picture for Senior Tributeto Mrs. Bradford at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 7th!
Camera Club needs your senior pictures & information!
Senior Final Exams, Schedule & Exemption Information
- Like first semester, all final exams will have weights reflect the recently adjusted End of Course weighting of 0.01%.
- Students will still have the opportunity to improve their grade with the EOC or Final Exam for each course as the score from these tests will now replace a student’s lowest summative test grade.
- Please note that this means the coursework grade you've been earning all semester is worth 99.99% of your semester average. It is important that students finish the semester strong.
- Seniors must submit any remaining eligible late work by May 7th.
Senior Exams will be the week of May 17th and take place within the regularly schedule classes. The full senior final exam schedule is available at this Senior Exam Link.
Students who meet the criteria set for exam exemptions can still exempt the 0.01% final exams. Attendance can be updated for exempt exams using the form available at this Exam Exemption Attendance Link.
- The details for dates and paperwork for exam exemption differ based on grade level and learner format for the semester. Please see below for the appropriate letter for your group.
Applying for the HOPE Scholarship?
- Use this link for more information Applying to HOPE Scholarship. The FAFSA can be used as the HOPE application but it is recommended students complete both the FAFSA and the application through GA Futures. Students are also required to send ACT or SAT scores directly to Georgia Student Finance Commission if wanting to be considered for the Zell Miller Scholarship. Use this link for more information Sending test scores to GA Student Finance Commission.