The Austin Gazette
September 1, 2023
Highway 105 Update
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, September 6th! The traffic pattern on the highway is changing and we can expect heavy traffic and delays.
- Great news! TxDOT approved a center turning lane for the stretch in front of Austin Elementary.
- An effort is being made to complete the lane changes in front of Austin before afternoon dismissal.
- Extra law enforcement will be present and have warned us cars will not be allowed idle in the center turn lane.
- Please pull forward as much as possible in the car rider line.
- Remember, arriving after 3:20 may save you frustration.
Car Rider Line by the Numbers
- The car rider line at Austin takes approximately 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Our drive way can accommodate around 45 cars/trucks.
- We've added a loader and load six cars at a time.
- Each load takes an average of 65 seconds.
- We load between 150 and 170 cars each afternoon.
We are working on improving the timing of the car rider line and will be watching the traffic situation closely over the coming week.
Things We're Learning
Breakfast and Lunch Information
Parent lunch visitors welcome starting August 21st. There is limited space for parent visitors during lunch. Reserve your place to ensure you will be able to eat with your student. Please sign up using the link below. We ask that you limit your visits to no more than twice a week so other parents have the opportunity to schedule times with their students.
Did you know?
You can receive notifications about your child's bus, including departure and bus stop arrival times? Sign up for the SMART tag Parent Portal!
Are you following our social media accounts? We often send out helpful reminders, pictures of kids in action, and upcoming events...delivered right to your newsfeed!