Mrs. Rogers' Fantastic Fourth!
Whew! We made it for a month!
Can I just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE these 4th graders? I'm so grateful to be back with them together. Yes, we miss you, at-home remote learners, but you all are doing a great job keeping up!
After our staff meeting today, here are the attendance changes.
- If you call it in to Mrs. Tifft, she will let me know.
- Students must send their attendance question by 9 am, then I send a report by 9:15.
- Parents without internet or device: email/Remind/text by 9 am.
- If I don't hear by 9 am, I will temporarily mark them absent. We are not marking tardies any more if I receive it after 9 am.
- If I hear from you or the student before 2:30, I will change the temporary absence to present, and send a corrected report.
- After that it stays an absence, since the school day is over.
Whew! I think that's it. I hope this clarifies a little bit. Thanks for your help!
At-Home Remote Learners: Pick up and Drop off
However...I'm not sure Mrs. Skelly and I can always get them into the tubs by the time we leave on Thursday. We are running a pretty tight schedule, and if you can imagine 6 plates spinning on sticks, that's what we are running!
- We plan next week's instruction for everyone on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week.
- We copy, assemble, and edit/print the calendar schedule on Thursdays.
- Usually the big white envelopes are ready by the time I leave here on Thursday afternoon, but it only takes 1 copier breakdown/internet crash to de-rail that! So, there may be times when the envelopes are not ready by Thursday afternoon, and we will need Friday morning early to finish.
- So...can we say that the envelopes will be in the tubs by 8:30 am on Friday? Is that too late?
- If you can pick up and drop off by 2:30 when I leave on Friday, that would be great so I can take it home and look at work over the weekend. If you can't pick up and drop off until after 2:30, that's okay too! I will look at it the next week.
Thanks for sticking with me during that long explanation. It's working well so far!
New things this week
I hope the calendar schedules are helpful.
Science Lab this week! Owl Pellet dissections are happening during Science class. At-Home Remote parents: these are in the envelopes today, and students will need a tray or cookie sheet to work on.
Send any questions my way, so I can address them for everyone in the slides!