The Skipper Scoop
Week of Match 4th
It's a new week Skippers! March is here and we are all anxiously waiting for spring to finally get here. The next three weeks leads us up to Spring Break and a wrap up of the 3rd quarter.
This past weekend was filled with bowling and fun! Mrs. Fischer and I took a road trip to Columbus to watch the boy's bowling team shine at the state championship. The boys and their coaches represented this village in such an amazing manner. Thanks so much for your display of sportsmanship and class.
A special thanks to the band for " clapping out" the bowling team on Friday as they left for Columbus.
Make it a great week!
Positive Behavior Supports Family Survey
Please take a few moments to complete this Google Form. The Positive Behavior Supports team needs your opinion!
News You Can Use
- Congrats to Guin McKim for being a Round 2 finalist in the Cleveland Public Library's "Letters about Literature" contest. Great job Guin!
- Thank you to Mr. Andersen and Kaleb Densmore for building a new shoe rack in the weight room.
- Mamma Mia is this weekend- Friday and Saturday night @ 7:30 and Sunday @ 2:00. Handicapped parking will be on Vine Street, close to the library entrance.
- Please remember there is no food or drink in the library.
- We need student volunteers for the Men's Civic Club Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday, April 14th. Let Mrs. Rumbarger know if you are interested. Community service hours will be given.
The Ohio Department of Education is recommending that school districts share information with parents to make them aware of the dangerous recent social media trend – The Momo Challenge.
The Momo Challenge has reportedly been found on numerous social media platforms and gaming sites – especially ones that are targeted for kids – with the purpose of luring children into participating in challenges that encourages self-harm and even suicide.
We recommend that parents address this topic with their children in a manner that is appropriate for your family. We’ve included a link that may help you address this topic with your children: https://educateempowerkids.org/5461-2/
We also encourage students and parents to report any concerns about The Momo Challenge – or any other suspicious activity in or out of school - to staff members.