Between the Lions
The Wright Junior High Weekly Newsletter
WELCOME TO WRIGHT JUNIOR HIGH!
Our Wright JH Admin Team
Sherryl Anthony - Assistant Principal - Alpha A-L email@example.com 832-223-6010
Shane Ameen- Assistant Principal - Alpha M-Z firstname.lastname@example.org 832-223-6012
Tiffany Hoelzel - Assistant Principal - 6th Grade email@example.com 832-223-6009
WEEK OF OCTOBER 18th - 22nd
WHAT TO EXPECT THIS WEEK
- Front doors will open at 7:30am. First bell rings at 8:15am. when students arrive on campus, they will go to the Gym, until they are released to class.
- Students who arrive after the 8:15am bell, will receive a Tardy. Unless they have arrived to school on a late bus.
- CHARACTER COUNTS WEEK!!!! SPIRIT DAYS All Week!!!
- Picture Day - October 22
- Parent Volunteers
- TIK TOK Challenge - please talk with your student.
- REMINDER: We are a cell phone free campus. Please leave devices at home or powered off in student backpacks.
- TARDIES have started, please talk with your student about getting to class on time.
Wright JH Lion Gear
WRIGHT JUNIOR HIGH CAMPUS FUNDRAISER - TEXAS ROADHOUSE ROLLS!!! OCTOBER 13TH-27TH
Wright Junior High Texas Roadhouse Fundraiser - Just in time for THANKSGIVING!!!!
Texas Roadhouse Rosenberg, TX
Rolls Fundraiser Dates:Oct. 13-27
Step 2:Purchase your Bread, Honey Cinnamon Butter, and Gift Cards
Step 3:Enter your email address
Step 4:Enter payment and complete check out
10% of every Gift Card purchase and 50% of every Bread & Butter purchase will be donated to the organization.
Online Gift Card Fundraiser Link:
Texas Roadhouse Rosenberg (in Brazos Town Center)
Nov. 19 & 20
*Please pick up within these time windows to avoid interruptions to the restaurant. Orders will not be mailed to your house or delivered to the school. All orders must be picked up at Texas Roadhouse Rosenberg.
WJH SCHOOL PICTURE DAY - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22ND, 2021
WRIGHT JUNIOR HIGH TEXAS ROADHOUSE SPIRIT NIGHT - OCTOBER 27TH
WRIGHT JUNIOR HIGH FOOTBALL
7th Grade versus Lamar JH @ Randle High School HS (B team 5:00PM/A team 6:30PM)
8th Grade versus Lamar JH @ Lamar Consolidated HS (B team 5:00PM/A team 6:30PM)
1st SIX WEEKS REPORT CARDS AVAILABLE IN SKYWARD - OCTOBER 7TH
Accessing Student Portfolios for Progress Reports and Report Cards - Click Below!
Does your student need tutorials?
For more questions about tutorials, please email your student's teacher directly.
New TIK TOK challenge
I have been informed this afternoon of a new challenge in which students are challenged to SLAP a STAFF MEMBER. Please make sure you are talking with your students about choices and why participating in this challenge would not be a wise choice.
ANY student that slaps a staff member may be faced with a 45 day ALC placement.
Looking for DADS to volunteer!!!
The idea of P.O.P (Protect Our Pride) is a group of fathers that want to continue to be involved in our kids education and also help out when the school needs extra hands. The goal would be a group of positive parental role models for our kids. Our main goal will be to assist with car rider line in the morning and afternoon to start off with. Please stop by the POP table at Open House to sign up!
You can also sign up HERE:
Wright JH is looking for Parent Volunteers!!!
Procedures, Remote Conferencing and Notifications!
*They will have FULL access to their Teacher's Canvas pages and a zoom link to access the designated "REMOTE CONFERENCING TEACHER- Sarah Vo - to help assist them during this temporary period.
THREE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE EMAILED IMMEDIATELY:
- WJH Nurse - Jessica Barber-Gonzalez firstname.lastname@example.org
- WJH Attendance - Ceciley Ortiz email@example.com
- WJH Principal - Creighton Jaster firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email please include:
- Student Name
- Grade Level
- Student ID
- Date of Confirmed POSITIVE
ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE STEPS ABOVE MR. JASTER WILL BE EMAILING YOU AND YOUR STUDENT WITHIN 24 BUSINESS HOURS WITH HOW YOU WILL BE SUPPORTED THROUGH THIS TEMPORARY PERIOD. During remote conferencing if you need assistance, our SILVER TRACK Remote teacher will assist you.
Here is her contact info, in case you have further questions.
Sarah Vo email@example.com
COVID Notification Emails:
WJH will continue to follow LCISD COVID Protocols by pushing out the email notifications that you are currently receiving when a positive and/or close contact case is reported by a parent. Please understand that we cannot reveal a student's identity, nor specific class, due to confidentiality. We are not contract tracing this year, so there is no quarantining. I will say, that many of these cases we are reporting are from parents doing their due diligence of reporting when their student was exposed or tested positive outside of the school. Many of these students did not even report back to campus. We appreciate these parents helping us stay as safe as possible at school. Please note, that if your child shares multiple classes with a certain student, you may receive MULITIPLE emails.
Need a school locker???
Smart Tags on the WAY!!!
Addressing concerns at Wright Junior High - Start by contacting your child's teacher directly!!
For 6th Grade concerns: please email or call Tiffany Hoelzel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 832-223-6009
For 7th/8th Grade concerns Alpha A-L: please email or call Sherryl Anthony at email@example.com or call at 832-223-6010
For 7th/8th Grade concerns Alpha M-Z: please email or call Shane Ameen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 832-223-6012
If your student needs help, find one of the following staff members:
6) Other staff member
- School Hours: 8:15am to 3:40pm.
- For those who require early arrival, the building opens at 7:30am.
- You may enter via the main front door and proceed to the cafeteria or gyms
- Transportation: If your student will be using district transportation, please visit the LCISD Find My Bus page to get detailed route information. https://www.lcisd.org/students-parents/find-my-bus-school
- Lunches from Home: For those students bringing a lunch from home, please be aware that, per district sanitation guidelines, microwaves will not be available for student use.
- Lunch Deliveries: Wright does not accept 3rd party lunch delivers for students. No DoorDash, UberEats. GrubHub or any other type of pizza or food delivery. Only family members can deliver lunch to their student. Lunches are left at the front office with the student's name and grade. Please do not deliver fountain drinks, bottled drinks only.
- Tardies: It is important that all students get to class as quickly as possible and are in class when the tardy bell rings. Students should listen for the warning bell and get to class promptly. All students must be in the room before the tardy bell rings.
PE UNIFORMS - BOYS PE & GIRLS PE
Wright JH Tutorial Schedule
Wright JH Bell Schedule
HOW TO CONNECT AND STAY IN TOUCH WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING AT WRIGHT
- Wright JH sends weekly newsletters in a Skylert blast (email listed in your Skyward account).
- Monitor our Facebook page for daily updates.
SKYLERT INFORMATION - RECEIVING EMAILS AND TEXT MESSAGES FROM WRIGHT
- Click on Skylert, on the left side of screen
- The phone number and email address (where the arrows are indicating) must be correct
- Each box that is circled must be checked.
- You may have up to 2 emails who receives emailed notices and newsletters from Wright
- Up to 4 numbers who receive texts and/or calls from Wright