A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of May 21, 2018
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- PK/Kindergarten Round-Up ALL WEEK
- 5th Grade Field Trip on Monday, May 21
- Science DBA (Gr 3-4) on Monday and Tuesday, May 21-22
- Adopt A School Mentor Meeting on Tuesday, May 22 at 9:00 am
- EOY LPAC Meetings on Tuesday, May 22 at 10:00 am
- GT Fair on Tuesday, May 22 at 5:00-7:30 pm at University High School
- PK/Kindergarten Showcase on Tuesday, May 22 at 5:30-7:00 pm
- 3rd Grade Field Trip on Wednesday, May 23
- Social Studies DBA (Gr 3-5) on Wednesday, May 23
- Faculty Meeting **TRIADS** on Wednesday, May 23
- DUE THURSDAY: RtI, Grades, and Textbooks
- Field Day on Friday, May 25
Coming Up: End of Year Awards Next Week!
End of Year Procedures
Our last triad meeting will be Wednesday, May 23.
The focus is Content Knowledge & Expertise. Here are some "Look Fors:"
Teacher uses content and pedagogical expertise to design and execute lessons aligned with state standards, related content and student needs.
• Content knowledge in multiple contexts
• Objectives linked with other disciplines
• Anticipation of misunderstanding tied to techniques
• Thinking/Higher order questions
• Real World
Field Day Schedule
Pre-K and Kinder 8:20-9:20
Grade 1 9:25-10:25
Grade 2 10:30-11:30
Grade 3 11:35-12:35
Grade 4 12:40-1:40
Grade 5 1:45-2:45
Click the link below for more details, including lunch times, field day events, popsicle time, and conference times.
From Your Captain
Don't forget to check Eduphoria Workshop & Region 12 for lots of great professional development opportunities this summer.
Review the district school supply list (below) as a grade level and send input to me by Wednesday.
End of Year Awards
8:30 am-4th Grade
9:30 am-2nd Grade
8:30 am-1st Grade
9:30 am-5th Grade
1:30 pm-3rd Grade
Please make sure that every student receives an award. We will have "brag tag" necklaces for 6th Six Weeks Perfect Attendance, Math (girl and boy), and Writing (girl and boy). They will be in your boxes next week. Please have awards organized and ready for your ceremony.
Below are different sets of awards that you may choose to use.