LMS Weekly Reminder
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
This Week - June1-5
- DUE FRIDAY May 29th: CLICK HERE to tell us what your summer reading program will look like
- June 2- AMTR & All forms and reports due online
(Refer to your End-of-year checklist)
June 5- Principal Sign off on AMTR
June 5- GCS Reads 20 May minutes due
These may be repeated titles that we need more of or new titles or topics that you see we need to include on the eBook Shelf.
Summer Suggestions from Tech Services
- Please share/send the links below regarding Summer Technology Instructions with your administrators, teachers and all classified staff members, as there are some revisions to last year’s instructions to incorporate GCS energy saving efforts.
- How to Sync your One Drive
- Summer Computer and Equipment Instructions
As you end this academic year, take inventory of your technology equipment, and if you find the need for hardware repair or software issues, etc. submit your ticket request. This way we can already get a head start on providing a resolution to ensure a good start for 2015-2016.
We want to take this opportunity to thank each of you for your continued efforts in problem solving; patience and good feedback to assist us improve our service to you. Have a great summer, get some rest and as always call us at 370-8179 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
Here’s how it works…
Each year publishers send preview copies of their newest publications to GCS preview library here at Washington Street. The preview center is available to all GCS school media specialist to come preview possible titles prior to ordering for their schools. This library only has the latest titles published. Each year we have a "Preview Party" to allow schools to select titles to enter into their collection.
- Dates: June 15th - come choose 15 books
June 16th - come choose 10 more books
- Times: 7:00- 5:00 - This is a floating event, come whenever you can during the times available.
- Items available: Hardback and paperback fiction and non-fiction-
- In addition to your book allotment there are several years of back issues of Our State magazine (Great for a 4th grade or Art teacher) as well as Videos and surplus printer ink* There may additional surplus items to select as well.
- Things you need to know:
* Due to space and staffing limitations only one person from each school may select books from the Preview Center each day.
* Each school will be responsible for cataloging and processing books selected from the preview center.
PLEASE inform your Teachers of the opportunity below...
This is a first come, first serve workshop so as soon as the registration is back online, please register and get your teachers to as well.
It is appropriate for anyone in your building that works directly with students.
- classroom teachers
- media specialists
- music and PE teachers
- guidance counselors
Training can be tailored for specific groups and can range from a 45-60 minute presentation to a 2-3 hour hands-on workshop. Contact your regional Digital Teaching and Learning Consulant to arrange a session.
Middle School Summer Suggested or Required Reading List
- In an effort to partner with our local public libraries, and keep parents informed of summer reading assignments, we are once again collecting the suggested or required SUMMER reading lists of each middle school.
- Please work with your school’s CF or ELA teachers to determine if your school has a suggested or required reading list they are assigning for SUMMER. If so please click the link and complete the digital form. Remember to indicate whether it is a suggested reading list for fun or a required reading list for a class assignment. If you have 2 lists one Required and one Suggested feel free to complete the form twice.
- CLICK HERE to submit Titles
- Thanks again for all you do to make learning fun for our GCS Students.
Instructional Techonology and Innovation
Flyer created by Nancy Cravey at Erwin Montessori. This Resource can be found on the LMS Resource Page Under SUMMER READING.
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)209-4439
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.