The Wolves Den
Week of May 11th 2020 Digital Learning Edition
Some fun up and coming days to celebrate at home...
May 10 Mother's Day Celebrate all the MOM's today!
May 11 National Eat What You Want Day- Enjoy all the delicious food today
May 12 National Limerick Day
May 13 National Apple Pie Day
May 13 National Hummus Day
May 14 National Dance Like A Chicken Day
May 15 National Chocolate Chip Day
May 15 National Pizza Party Day
May 16 National Armed Forces Day
May 17 National Take Your Parents To The Playground Day
May 18 National No Dirty Dishes Day
Please follow/ like Washington Middle School Facebook Page. We are sharing lots of information, challenges, fun ideas, and pictures with you all.
Our Continued Goal
- Continue to connect with our students and their families.
- Continue to support students through distance learning
- Provide specific feedback to students and families about student progress.
- Provide frequent communication in order to keep our staff, students, families, and community connected.
Yearbooks, Yearbooks, Yearbooks
We want your feedback!
We appreciate your partnership in education. It has been approximately eight weeks since we started our distance learning model. We have learned a great deal from this experience and the learning continues each day. With the feedback we collect from teachers, students, and all of you, we have been able to make any needed adjustments to improve our distance learning model. Please continue to let us know how things are going. Thank you for all that you are doing to support your child(ren) and our staff.
8th Grade Families
Lincoln High School Class of 2024! As we come to an end of a year like no other… we want you to know how excited we are to welcome you to the Shipyard, next school year! As disappointing as it was to have to postpone our incoming Freshmen night in March, we want you to know that we continue to plan for future opportunities to prepare you for your Freshmen year.
These opportunities include:
- A class of 2024 Google Classroom which will include a variety of resources for you to check out (Shared with all 8th graders by May 15th).
- A virtual school tour brought to you by our school Administration team.
- A late summer opportunity to better acquaint yourselves with our building.
Fall 2020 Athletic Information from Lincoln High School Athletic Director Mr. Steavpack is shared here. Questions please contact Mr. Steavpack at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep a watch out for information in the next couple of weeks! Go SHIPS!!
Tips For Distance Learning
- Create a schedule for your children.
- Turn off the News and Talk. The news can be upsetting, especially to our children. Continue to let your children know it is okay to feel however they are feeling. PBS News Hour- is news that is appropriate for kids grades 6-12
- Stay Connected with Family and Friends. Here is a list of ideas!
- Enjoy the family time. Ideas to stay Healthy, Educated, and Entertained at this time.
- Be patient & give each other grace.
- Stumped? Turn it over to the teachers: Have your child email the teachers.
- Check in With Teachers: Periodically, check in with teachers if your child is struggling.
- Just Start Today: Take away the pressure and overwhelming feeling. Some kids may have many assignments piling up and they don't know where to even begin. Tell them to just Start Today! Start with the lessons that are posted for today. Don't worry about the lessons from the past days or even weeks.