for the week of December 7th
Network 9 Attendance Winter Fest Challenge began on Tuesday, December 1st. The school with the highest attendance percentage between December 1st-15th will win an Attendance Turn-Up Fest Winter Takeover with HotRod from Power 92.3, Teefa from Soul 106.3 and TrueStar Magazine at their respective school on Friday, December 18th. For the week of December 1st-4th our attendance rate was 96.75%, Woodlawn 96.43% and Wells 95.82%. Let's ensure that we input accurate attendance daily and encourage students to come to school.
The 4th-6th grade students will compete in the Ballroom Dance-Off on Thursday, December 10th at the Chicago Cultural Center. Go Carnegie!
The Parent Advisory Council will sponsor a Parent Technology Workshop on Thursday, December 10th at 4:00 p.m to 5:00 p.m. Please share the flyer with your parents!
Would you like to win $250, $150 or $100 resources for your classroom? If so, then participate in the Holiday Classroom Door Contest! Use your creativity to decorate the outside of your classroom door with your favorite holiday storybook or holiday theme. The contest is open to all classroom teachers & resource teachers. Deadline to complete door & Voting: Monday, December 14th. Students & Parents will vote. The class with the winning doors will be awarded:
- 1st Place $250
- 2nd Place $150
- 3rd Place $100
Winners will be announced on Tuesday, December 15th.
The Winter Assembly will be held on Thursday, December 17th. All PreK through 3rd grade classes are required to particpate. Ms. Caffie is the Chairperson. There will be two assemblies 9:30 a.m. & 2:00 p.m.
- Pre-K (am), Kindergarten & 1st grade classes will perform at 9:30 a.m.
- Pre-K (pm), 2nd & 3rd grade classes will perform at 2:00 p.m.
ACS Social Club Updates
- Carnegie and Hampton Elementary School Holiday Party will be held on Saturday, December 12th at the Oak Lawn Hilton 9330 South Cicero from 6:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Cocktail hour begins at 6:00 p.m. and dinner will be promptly served at 7:00 p.m. Late arrival will not be served any food items (i.e. soup, salad, entree) that has been placed on the tables. Therefore, please ensure that you are there by 7:00 p.m. The Talent Show will begin promptly after dinner!
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Day will be held on Monday, December 14th. Wear your ugliest festive sweater.
- Secret Santa distribution will begin on December 14th-December 18th.
- Social Club dues will be collected through December 18th. The cost: $30.00. Funds are due to Mrs. Butts, Room 127.
Domain 1: Planning & Preparation
There will be an ILT Meeting on Monday, December 7th at 8:00 am. Focus of the meeting Learning Walks Results & PARCC.
Gradebook feedback for the week of November 30th-December 4th will be placed in your mailbox on Monday, December 7th.
Domain 3: Instruction
- You are to prepare Holiday Homework Assignments via hardcopy or on-line (Nearpod, Discovery Education, iReady Reading/Math, or Raz-Kids). Holiday Homework Assignments must be distributed on Friday, December 18th. You are to award points for completion and must input grade/points into IMPACT Gradebook by Friday, January 8th.
All Kdg-2nd Strategic students must be progress monitored by Friday, December 11th. You are to sync your device daily.
Domain 4: Personal Responsibilities
- You are to ensure that you send the biweekly Parent Memo via email, ClassDojo or Remind in a timely manner.
- Our attendance rate for last week was 96.75%. That's a 3.16% increase the previous week. You are to input attendance into IMPACT by 9:30 a.m. and send the Blue Attendance Folder to the front desk (Mr. Bush). Mr. Bush will call each classroom daily to cross check that students marked absence in IMPACT are absence. The top three classrooms with the highest attendance rate for January will receive a FREE school bus, or gym. Winners will be announced on Monday, February 1st.
- This week's grade-level meetings will be principal-directed. You are to bring your laptop. We will discuss Chapter 4: Collaborative Learning: Consolidating Thinking with Peers and GoNoodle.
ESP/MSU Student Interns:
- ESP Mid-Year Evaluations will be conducted during the week of December 14th-18th. You are to check your email for date and time and bring the completed self-assessment to the meeting.
Highest Attendance Rate for November
2015 Science Fair Extravaganza
Kudos to Mrs. Blanchard & the Science Fair Committee. Job Well Done! Congratulations to our Science Fair Winners: 1st Place- Wasila Brimah-Room 222-6th, 2nd Place-Madison Thomas-Room 222-6th, 3rd Place Chioma Akwarndu-Room 222-6th, Honorable Mention-Kyndal Godbold-Room 222-6th & Akari Brown-Room 228-7th
ACS Boy's Basketball Team
- Bugs: Helpful or Harmful by Ms. Gipson-Room 116-Kdg
- What Can I Bring to the Table- The Benefits by Ms. Halvorsen-Room 106-1st
- Agriculture & Settlement by Mr. Kelly-Room 218-5th