DR. NULL'S CISD WORD OF THE YEAR...
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK...
5 Ways to be More Positive:
1. Count your blessings. You can't be stressed and thankful at the same time.
2. See your challenges as opportunities for growth.
3. Don't listen to your negative thoughts.
4. Feed yourself with positive encouragement.
5. Choose faith instead of fear!
- Jon Gordon
THINGS TO KNOW...
* SOCIAL DUES JEANS WEEK - If you paid your social dues, you may wear jeans next week!
* NINE WEEK AWARDS - If you have not completed your nine week awards google doc, please take time to complete that. They are located in the ORE google folder, awards folder. We would like to start delivery next week.
* SCHEDULE FLIP - Just a reminder that on Tuesday, October 29 fourth and second will flip schedule for benchmark testing.
* CANNED FOOD DRIVE has kicked off. Please encourage students to donate at least one canned good to the cause.
* Dr. Shellie Winkler will be on campus on Tuesday morning. We will be walking classes and showcasing the great teaching that is happening.
*FACULTY MEETING - Chris Richelt, GT coordinator, will be here presenting on UnderIdentifying GT Students. Perfect time while nominations are open!
* HELP NEEDED - Our feeder zone will be handing out bond flyers at the ORHS football game outside the stadium at on Saturday, November 2 @ 2:00 p.m. If you would help that day, please email me so that I can have a count of volunteers. Our goal is 10 staff members and/or family members.
SHOUT OUT BOARD
1. Something good that has happened this school year
2. Something you struggle with this week or this year
3. One suggestion you have to improve our school
Schedule: (Since I"m out a few days next week at trainings, we are going to start first of November for round 2).
Kinder - Monday, November 4
First - Tuesday, November 5
Second - Wednesday, November 6
Third - Friday, November 8
Fourth - Tuesday, November 12
Specials - Wednesday, November 13
SPED - Thursday, November 14
I'VE VOTED CHALLENGE
I announced at PTO meeting to share stickers when parents go vote. Had 2 bring their stickers in this morning! :)
ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE
* Second grade for patience with online testing this week. We are off to a strong start and hope to finish strong next week. - Kara
*Rachel Miller for helping get CogAT started this morning - Kara
FOCUS FOR 19-20
*integration of technology
*implementation of guided math 3x a week
*improving Tier 1 best practices
SUGGESTION BOX RESPONSES
FUTURE DATES TO KNOW...
25 - Boosterthon Kick Off
27 - Andrea DeLaTorre's birthday
28 - Faculty Meeting
30 - Tami out at training
31 - Tami out at training
1 - Tami out to training/Kara out - Sub administrator
4 - Team Leader Meeting
5 - Boosterthon Fun Run
6 - Stephanie Richeson's birthday
7 - Foundations out to training
8 - Third grade patriotic progam
8 - Second grade to Children's Festival
11 - Staff Development Day
12 - Dr. Phillips visits campus
14 - Gretchen Montgomery here/Tami out PM
14 - Spring Creek BBQ Night
16 - Connects Academy at College Park - technology training
18 - Faculty Meeting
20 - Tami out to Principals' Meeting
21 - Group Pictures/Retakes
25 - 29 - THANKSGIVING HOLIDAYS!!!!!
25 - Karen Boren's birthday
26 - Lisa Lara's birthday
28 - Kim Johnson and Rachel Henderson's birthdays