Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
September 3, 2018
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
Next week we will see some new faces on campus as we welcome our first ever TK class. We are thrilled to welcome our newest Colts! We are so appreciative to all the families who donated books, toys, and materials to help make the classroom a warm and welcoming space on day one.
We always look forward to having our Colts join us daily, but if your child has a fever, is nauseous, is experiencing stomach pains or cramping, or has diarrhea, please keep him/her home from school. Although inconvenient, this is for the health of your child and the hundreds of other children and adults your child comes into contact with daily. There are documented cases of the flu and norovirus in Lincoln schools already this fall. We are working diligently to keep our work and common spaces clean, and to encourage good hand washing and personal space expectations, but viruses like these spread easily, especially in places like schools.
Emergency Cards - Action Needed ASAP!
Returning families in grades 1-5 should have received a letter from WPUSD with details about how to access the PowerSchool Parent Portal to access attendance and update Emergency Contact information. We have reproduced the letters and you should have received a second copy at BTSN or in your child's HW/communication folder. If you did not receive the letter, please contact our front office at 916 434-5292.
Originally, all updates were to be done by 8/31, but we've heard that the District has extended the window to 9/7 at 5pm to update your information online at home. Please login ASAP to take care of this so you don't have to make time to come to campus to take care of it in person.
Initial reports from parents indicate that the process is straightforward and simple. If you are unable to complete this important step at home, please come into the office; we have a computer available for parents to use.
School Picture Day is scheduled for Thursday, September 6th, 2018!
1. Go to: https://billsmithphoto.simplephoto.com/
2. Click: Lincoln Crossing Elementary School
3. Click: Fall Ordering 2018-19 Lincoln Crossing Elementary
4. Pick your color background and package
5. Purchase and print your receipt
Questions? Call (916)749-1026 or email email@example.com
Last year, we experienced some challenges with Bill Smith Photo, but over the summer, we met with them to express our concerns and we also explored other photo companies. One thing we valued about Bill Smith was that they made every effort to fix any errors that were brought to their attention. We appreciate their service orientation, and we feel confident that Bill Smith Photo is prepared to meet our needs at LCES this fall.
Donations for Health Office
Support our School Safety Initiatives
Families are always welcome to join their child before school, at recess and at lunchtime. Three things to keep in mind:
- Please be sure to sign in at the front office if you'd like to accompany your child past the gate in the morning!
- Please do NOT hang out along the playground fences before school or at recesses. Instead, please stop in the office to get a visitors badge and come on in to campus! We welcome you here, but we can't be sure if folks are friends or foe when they are at the fences. The safety of our children is our #1 priority - please partner with us!
- If you would like to volunteer in the classroom, be sure to check in with your child's teacher to plan the dates/times, and check in with our office team to ensure you have a current TB test on file.
Air Quality & Recess
We will continue to monitor the Spare the Air and the AirNow websites in order to inform our plans for recess, especially as the weather warms this week. In the event that the air is deemed 'unhealthy for sensitive groups,' we will be offering an indoor recess option. If the air quality is in the 'unhealthy' or higher range, we will offer only indoor recess.
If your child is in a sensitive group, please be sure to communicate with your child's teacher and (if needed) with our front office.
Parking & Drop Off
- Mon., 9/3: Labor Day - No School
- Tues., 9/4; 5-6 pm: PTC Meeting in the Library, childcare provided
- Thurs., 9/6: Fall Picture Day
- Fri., 9/7: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Fri., 9/7-Fri., 9/14: PTC Spirit Wear Order Form Sales - watch for flier!
- Fri., 9/7: PTC Believe Fundraiser Kick Off (runs from 9/7-9/21)
- Fri., 9/7; 6-8 pm: PTC Playground Night
- Mon., 9/10: Early Release Day
- Mon., 9/10, 9 am: Art Docent Training; check in at the office; meet in the MPR
- Mon., 9/10, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCE Choir Auditions
- Wed., 9/12; 5-8 pm: PTC Extreme Craze Family Night Out - view flier here
- Fri., 9/14: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Mon., 9/17: Early Release Day
- Mon., 9/17, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Rehearsal
- Fri., 9/21: all Believe Fundraiser Orders are due
- Mon., 9/24: Early Release Day
- Fri., 9/28: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Mon., 10/1: Early Release Day
- Fri., 10/5 - Mon., 10/8: No School
Visit our website for the most updated schedules for our Leadership Ambassador Program, including the greeter schedule!
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.