Week of May 16th to 20th
Molina Feeder Pattern Vision:
"In the Molina Feeder Pattern, we collaboratively empower all to have a direct impact on the success of every student."
Molina Feeder Pattern Mission:
"The Molina Feeder Pattern exists to develop well-rounded student-leaders who are empowered by their education and use it as a tool to recognize their fullest potential. We do this by setting and driving toward ambitious goals for campuses, campus leaders, educators, and students."
Feeder Pattern News
Thank you for all that you do and are doing to close out a strong school year. Every school team should be in the process of conducting a needs assessment and preparing for the end of year systems review. The principals will receive further direction regarding the needs assessment at their meeting this Wednesday, May 18th.
In the spirit of inclusiveness, I have added our media specialists and librarians to our weekly newsletter. We appreciate all that you do!
Continue to be hyper-focused on three main priorities at your schools:
1. Quality Instruction - Please be highly vigilant in reviewing lesson plans to ensure that new TEKS are being taught. This is the time of the year when teachers tend to "spiral in" TEKS that need to be re-taught and may not have time to cover new ones.
2. Student interventions/Progress Monitoring - I will verify the quantity and quality of student interventions, i.e. After school and Saturday school attendance documentation sign-in sheets, tutoring lesson plans, quality of intervention resources, etc.
3. Action plan mapping - I am excited to witness the mapping strategies you're using to involve your campus staff in mapping out the remainder of the Spring semester priorities and mapping your school priorities for 2016-2017.
FEEDER PATTERN CELEBRATIONS
Instructional Corner News
From our Academic Facilitator Rita and Alex,
We have Achieve 3000 deep dig training schedule for August 18, 2016 with 3 sites.
- Stockard Middle School to host Molina High School and Garza Early College
- Bethune Elementary to host Cowart Elementary
- Cochran Elementary to host Soto Elementary
Major leverage points for the week:
In order to provide transitional reading data for Stockard and Molina, we will compile the 5th grade/8th grade reading levels you subit to us on Friday May, 20 to support student transitions into middle and high school.
CICs please review the Summer P2LD FAQ to familiarize your with the course offering to better support our teacher's PD needs.
Considerations for CIC PD during the summer: Crucial Conversations (2 Offerings)
- June 8-9:
- June 22-23:
Campus Instructional Coaches contract and professional development days clarifications:
- Work days - 193 contract days
- Start Date - August 2, 2016
- End Date - June 2, 2017
- August 10th and August 11th are not eligible for flex or compensation days
- Additional 14 hours of PD over the summer would be volunteer
Dallas ISD Reading Language Arts PD Brochure:
Thinking Through Math:
Begin thinking of how can support the teachers gather summer work for students. KUDOS to Ms. Amanda Brown for hosting our TTM mini workshop this week to ensure data based pathways for our 3rd, 4th and 5th grade math students. Please let us know if you need further assistance in creating the math pathways or facilitating use of resources for student summer work.
Below is the current THINK THROUGH MATH usage and average pass rate for MFP. The pass rate looks promising! Let's focus on getting our 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders in MFP active on TTM!
Students taking STAAR in May (first administration) will NOT take that subject’s ACP. See the list below for more details.
We will have our next feeder pattern meeting on 5/20/16 from 8:00-12:30 at Stockard Middle School in room 217. See the flyer below for more details. Don't forget to sign up for our potluck!
Elementary Assessment of Course Performance (ACP)/End of Semester Grade Reporting - Elementary Principals
Federal Funding Time and Effort Spring Certification Preliminary Review
Polling Locations – Democratic Primary Run-Off Election (Tuesday, May 24, 2016)
Secondary Assessment of Course Performance (ACP)/End of Semester Grade Reporting- Secondary Principals
Office Manager Corner
Please support your principals by ensuring that these items are delivered in a timely manner. We appreciate your hard work in ensuring your campus' success!
FASC End of Year Information:
Important Reminder on Cash Receipting Procedures for Activity Funds -All Principals, Office Managers, Financial Clerks, Campus Employee/Sponsors