Parent Blast - March 28, 2022
This week we will be spending time reviewing expectations with students as we launch into the final months of this school year. We will be using our PAX Vision Charts (picture below) to discuss what we as a community want to see/feel/hear/do more and less of.
Tuesday we will conduct our second drill day. We will spend time reviewing our emergency protocols for lockdown, lockout, earthquake and fire and then practice each drill and debrief. We encourage families to talk about the drills later that evening to process and answer any questions.
Thursday we have Family Restaurant Night at Noodles and Co., a fundraising event set up by our Booster Club. All of the funds raised at this event are designated to support our 6th grade celebration at the end of the school year.
We are also wrapping up our first school-wide Rock-Paper-Scissors Tournament, which has been a fun community event. Hopefully you've been able to see some of the contests on our social media platforms!
We need your help spreading the word that now is the time to register kindergarteners for the fall. If you know of a family member, friend or neighbor that will be 5 prior to September 1st, please encourage them to call us and register for school. Accurate kindergarten numbers help us with staffing for the following year.
Here to serve,
Principal, Patterson Elementary
- March 31 - Noodles & Co. Family Restaurant Night, 4-8 pm
- March 31 - Black Family Village Meeting (see below)
- April 1 - Talent Show Submissions due to Mrs. Crackel
- April 8 - No School, Elementary Work Day
- April 14 - District Kindergarten Fair at Lincoln Street, 6-8 pm
- April 19 - Band Concert at GHS
- April 29 - OMSI Day at Patterson
Please read this reminder regarding volunteering and fingerprinting:
- Volunteers who are currently “Approved” in the system will have their status changed to “Pending” if we do not have their fingerprint verification on file on or before March 28, 2022.
- There is no out-of-pocket expense for this requirement. If you no longer wish to volunteer, please send an email to email@example.com and request that your volunteer application be removed. Remember to include your full name.
- Please begin by following this link to schedule your fingerprint appointment https://www.fieldprintoregon.com
- Click “SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT” - Complete all required fields; you will be asked to sign up before you are allowed to continue
- When requested, you will need to enter the Fieldprint code FPHillsboroSD1JVol (this code is for Hillsboro SD volunteers only)
- The actual appointment will take approximately 10 minutes; you will schedule at the location of your choice
- The total fee for fingerprinting will be billed to the Hillsboro School District
- Fingerprint processing can take up to eight weeks
If you have had fingerprints processed through the Oregon Department of Education in the past, please contact Kristina Gantt - firstname.lastname@example.org – and let me know which school district, ESD or substitute entity has your fingerprints or if you have a current teaching license (if your license is expired you will need to follow the process above)
Por favor, pulse en el siguiente enlace para programar su cita de huellas dactilares:
- Proporcione toda la información requerida; se le pedirá que complete este proceso antes de poder continuar
- Cuando se le solicite, deberá ingresar el código de huellas dactilares siguiente, FPHillsboroSD1JVol (este código es solo para los voluntarios del Distrito Escolar de Hillsboro)
- La cita tomará aproximadamente 10 minutos; usted programará su cita en una ubicación de su elección
- La cuota total por la toma de huellas dactilares se facturará al Distrito Escolar de Hillsboro
- El procesamiento de huellas dactilares podría tardar hasta ocho semanas
Si sus huellas dactilares han sido procesadas anteriormente a través del Departamento de Educación de Oregón, por favor, comuníquese con Kristina Gantt a través de email@example.com y mencione qué distrito escolar, distrito de servicio educativo o entidad de sustitutos tiene su información de huellas dactilares o si tiene una licencia de enseñanza vigente (si su licencia está expirada, deberá seguir el proceso mencionado anteriormente)
2022-2023 School Calendar Approved
The 2022-2023 school calendar has been approved by our school board. Please use this calendar to plan vacations outside of school if possible.
You can view the board-adopted calendar for next school year on the district website here.
Booster Club News
Please check out the volunteer opportunities around Patterson and sign up! Thank you to our Booster Club for organizing this.
People can starting buying tickets for the auction online now!
And in- person ticket sales (cash or check only) will be available Friday, April 1 from 1:30pm-2:30pm outside the school. We are encouraging online ticket sales, but want people to know there is an option for in person sales too.
BLACK VILLAGE FAMILY ENGAGEMENT MEETING
Our next meeting of the Black Village Family Advisory Committee takes place Thursday, Mar. 31, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Zoom. All families of students identifying as Black, African-American, African, Multi-Racial, or other members of the African diaspora are welcome to join these monthly meetings to talk about important topics in HSD and how best to support their students. This month, we will meet with the supervisor of our school resource officers, Sgt. Leland Gilbert of the Hillsboro Police Department, for updates and a discussion around discipline of Black students.
Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) Dates
Here is our schedule for CSE lesson this school year:
- Kinder: May 16-27
- 1st Grade: March 28-April 11
- 2nd Grade: May 16-27
- 4th Grade: May 31-June 13
- 5th Grade: May 31-June 13
Thank you to our families for calling students in sick on our attendance line and sharing symptoms. This has helped us to communicate with families regarding timelines for return and kept our building safe and healthy. If you have not done so already, we encourage you to save our attendance line number in your phone: 503.844.1385