White Oak River Basin
by: Briana Johnson
Native Plants and Animals
About the Water
- The source of the region of the River Basin is located in the town if Swansboro.
- The water empties into the Bogue Sound.
- The water quality of White Oak is very excellent and an important source to humans and wildlife.
- White Oak is polluted mostly by runoff full of nutrients rich in nitrogen and phosphorus.
- An individual can prevent pollution by preserving buffers of trees and shrubs alongside the river
Size and Population
- There is 320 miles of rivers/streams within the River Basin.
- The Overall size of the River Basin including forest's and wetlands is 80,000 acres
- The latest listed population is 280,101
The White Oak River Basin has more than 20 hiking trails and around 12 biking trails.