PDP & M-Powerment Goal Assistance
MHS Media Center
How we can help...
If you selected the following M-Powerment Strategies for your Professional Development Plan, please consider contacting and meeting with your School Library Media Coordinators, Erin & Kristi, so that we can help you achieve your PDP goal(s) this year. Below are just a few possibilities:
Differentiation & Personalization
- Schedule classes in the library, especially if you want a larger space for station work, centers, and/or co-teaching with a fellow ELT teacher.
- Need another teacher to help you differentiate a lesson? With a little notice, one of us is happy to come to your room and you are always welcome to bring your class(es) to the Media Center to benefit from having both of us on hand.
Maximize Instructional Time & Resources
Research & Inquiry-Based Thinking
- Interested in developing a research activity for your classes? Let us know. We'll customize a Google doc of helpful resources for you or your ELT and will even instruct students in their usage.
- Want ideas on incorporating project-based and inquiry-based activities in your curriculum? Please reach out.
Students Skilled for Success (4Cs)
- Reserve the Media Center when planning hands-on and/or problem-solving activities for your students. We'd love to offer you a place that sparks their creativity, collaboration, communication, and critical thinking.
- Require students to properly cite images, music, video clips, and websites on all digital projects. If it's not already a part of the assignment's rubric, please include this item.
- Request that we teach a (content-appropriate) digital citizenship lesson to your students.
- Missed the Identifying Fake News & Websites Skinny Dip at Summer Institute? Check out this Smore to provide students further opportunities to analyze and evaluate online media. Email us for additional help.