Silverdale Baptist Academy
February 3, 2016
Breast Cancer Awareness
Thursday night, come dressed in your pink and support our High School basketball teams beginning at 4:30 in our upper gym. We will be taking on Grace Academy. Let's show our support for the Mary Ellen Locher Foundation!!
Attention Parents of 3rd and 4th Graders ONLY!
Our High School Drama department is gearing up for Snow White auditions. There will be about 10 spots available for some non-speaking parts and some speaking animal parts for 3rd and 4th graders only.
Auditions will take place this Monday, February 8th from 3:05 - 4:00 in the Chapel.
If selected, rehearsals will be once a week from 3:10 - 4:00. Dates of rehearsals and date of play will be announced at a later date. If you have any questions you can email Terri Bateman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please have your child prepared and ready to exit your vehicle.
- Drop off points are once you are parallel to Bonny Oaks (from the corner past the playground to the end of the portico.) Please do not drop your child off before that point. Staff are posted in areas where it is acceptable to let your child out.
- It is okay to go ahead and let your child out if we have not made it to your car door as long as you are in the areas designated. We try but can't always make it to every car.
Calling all parents!
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING
Topic: Your Child’s Online Safety
Tuesday, February 9th @ 6:30 PM in the Sanctuary
On this very important evening, we will be discussing what type of values our children are being exposed to through technology, how much technology is too much, consequences of overexposure, and the ever-present danger of our children encountering explicit material and pornography online. (According to the internet protection service GuardChild, “70% of children 7 to 18 years old have accidentally encountered online pornography, often through a web search while doing homework”.) We will also be sharing some great tips and products that you can use to make your home and electronic devices as safe as possible for your children.
Please make plans to attend. After the assembly, parents will visit their child’s classroom. Due to the nature of the material to be discussed, students will not be permitted to attend.
ATTENTION BASKETBALL PARENTS,
We understand that there is a basketball game scheduled on February 9th as well. We ask that one parent plan to attend the meeting, as we believe the information you will receive is very important for you and your family.
- Thursday, February 4th - "Pink Out" day at SBA
- Friday, February 5th - Pediatric Dentistry visiting classrooms (Dental Health Month)
- Tuesday, February 9th - Elementary Mandatory Parent Meeting - 6:30PM (Sanctuary)
- Thursday, February 11th - Progress Reports
- Friday, February 12th - 1/2 day for students (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- Monday, February 15th - Academy closed