Join us at our event!
Oakwood Community Unit School District #76
"KEEPING OUR KIDS SAFE" - PRESENTATION FOR PARENTS ON 11/15/22!
On Tuesday, November 15th, 2022 Oakwood CUSD #76, from 7:00 - 8:30 PM, will be hosting a presentation on "Keeping Our Kids Cyber Safe". It will be held at the Unit Office Conference Room, 12190 US Rt 150, Oakwood, IL 61858.
Detective Richard Wistocki, a nationally recognized High Technology Cyber Crimes Specialist, will be presenting proactive strategies, expert insight, and invaluable resources designed to empower you to combat Cyber-Bullying and Sexting. Parents will go through how to have that technology talk with their child.
Presenting Information and Strategies on:
- Understand cyber-crime and that “No one online is anonymous”
- Understand appropriate protocols when someone discloses issues of cyberbullying, sexting, or sextortion.
- How to report criminal Cyber-Bullying.
- Understand the dangers of many popular apps
- How Internet investigations are conducted using subpoenas and search warrants.
- Understand social media laws such as Harassment, Cyber-Stalking, and False Personation.
- How to empower yourself to report cybercrime and harassment.
- How to protect your “digital footprint” and understand what it means to your future.
- Open Forum Q&A
This will be the parent presentation that is a follow-up to the Junior High and High School Student and Staff Presentations provided in October. All Parents, Guardians, and Grandparents are encouraged to attend.
R.S.V.P. AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS NEWSLETTER SO THAT WE CAN PREPARE FOR SEATING.