Jackson Jaguars ROAR 2021-2022
Welcome Back to another school year! It was wonderful to see so many smiling faces at Open House on Friday! We can't wait to see EVERYONE on Monday at 8:00. (Remember that staff coverage does not begin until 7:40.)
If your child(ren) rides a bus, please make sure that they have a mask to wear to and from school. They will not be allowed to ride without one.
Unfortunately, only registered volunteers may enter the school building during the school day and must complete a Health Screening before entering.
Communication between home and school is key to helping students be successful. Please make sure to sign up for ClassDojo. This is an excellent way to be able to communicate with teachers outside of the school day. In addition, please sign up on the D11 app for up to date communication from the District.
Join Jackson's PTO! This year, our PTO meetings will be held via WebEx. The link will be sent out each month prior to the meeting. Our first meeting will be held on August 26th, but typically, meetings are held on the third Thursday of every month at 5:00pm. We hope to see you there!
Don't forget that my monthly communication, The Jackson Jaguar ROAR, will come out on the first Sunday of every month with pictures, updates, important information, and school dates and events.
As always, if you still have some questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.
We are excited to see our Jaguar(s) on Monday!
Principal, Jackson Elementary
Thank you for coming to Open House!
As you are well aware, COVID continues to impact many of our daily routines. Last year, numerous procedures were in place to ensure a safe and clean learning environment. While we will be eliminating some of those practices, others will still be in place. Please know that our procedures can change quickly based on CDC and El Paso County Health requirements. As these changes happen, we will be sure to communicate them with you.
- Masks are REQUIRED for any person riding public transportation, which includes our school buses. If your child rides the bus to or from school they MUST wear a mask, while on the bus.
- Masks are highly recommended indoors for everyone regardless of vaccination status but they are not required.
- Those students or staff who choose to wear a mask will be allowed to do so.
- If a student or adult is showing symptoms of being ill, especially those that are consistent with COVID, they are highly encouraged to stay home.
- If symptoms are not resolved within 48 hours then the symptomatic person would be required to get a COVID test to return. If negative, and symptoms are getting better, they could return.
Positive or Presumed Positive:
- If someone tests positive for COVID-19 they will be required by public health to isolate for a minimum of 10 days.
- They may return to school on day 11 IF they do not have a fever and symptoms are improving. We know that not all symptoms may go away within the 10 day isolation window so we will work with families on what steps need to be taken.
- Families must report positive cases or exposure to positive cases to the school so that we can take appropriate actions within the building.
- Due to the nature of COVID-19 and its spread, quarantines are still possible during the 2021-2022 school year.
- We have more guidance on targeted quarantines and hope to be able to keep students in school as much as possible and not have to quarantine entire classes, grade levels, etc.
- Should there be a need to quarantine we will alert families as quickly as possible so that you can make arrangements as needed.
School Cleaning Practices/Student Hygiene:
- The staff at Jackson will continue to maintain our cleaning practices that were enhanced last year.
- Multiple times daily we sanitize common areas (i.e., restrooms) and commonly touched surfaces.
- Classrooms are all provided a soap/water and mild detergent for sanitizing opportunities during the school day.
- Nightly, when students and staff are gone, we use stronger cleaning solution to sanitize all classrooms, offices, restrooms, etc.
- Our ventilation system will continue to work at 150% airflow to keep fresh air consistently moving through the building.
Counseling Corner with Mrs. Ruiz
Welcome Back! We are looking forward to a great school year! We are looking forward to a great school year!
My name is Leslie Clinite Ruiz, and I am the School Social Worker/Counselor here at Jackson. We have exciting news! This year I will be assisting staff in implementing an emotional regulation program called Zones of Regulation. We will be teaching students how to identify and manage strong feelings. Here is a graphic of where we will begin:
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need anything.
Unfortunately, there will not be any School Bell again this year to provide clothing. We are working on other options, but these will not be available for some time. I will be connected to Dojo as soon as classes are set and am also available via email: email@example.com
or telephone (719) 328-5836. Please be aware that if you drop in the building, I may not be able to meet with you immediately due to working with students, teaching classes, and other commitments. If you need immediate resource assistance, do not hesitate to call the United Way hotline at 2-1-1 or 866-760-6489 or on the web at https://www.211colorado.org/
You can also test your zip code to 898-211* (standard message and data rates may apply.)
Look forward to working with you and your children!
Leslie Clinite Ruiz, LCSW, MA
School Social Worker
Jackson Elementary School
Colorado Springs School District 11
Se Habla Español
(719) 328-5836 Desk
(719) 328-5800 Jackson Main office
(719) 328-5813 Attendance
Media Center Moments
Welcome back to a new school year at Jackson Elementary Media Center!
The Media Center will be open for check out every day from 8:00 AM to 2:45 PM. Kindergarten, First, and Second graders can check out one book for one week. Third, Fourth, and Fifth graders can check out two books for two weeks. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Mrs. Sobecki (firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-328-5824) in your Media Center.
Technology for 2021-2022
All students will be receiving a tech device to use for the 2021-2022 school year, provided by the district. This device sill be used daily in class and then taken home for nightly charging and can be used for homework. Prior to students taking the device home, families will need to sign a “User Agreement” that will be available at Open House and on the first day of school.
Kinder-2nd grade students will receive an iPad and students in grades 3rd-5th will receive a Google Chromebook. Students will be taught how to use the devices here at school.
Kids Collections on Display
We will offer the students the opportunity to display their collections from home in the Media Center display cases. The kids really enjoy sharing their collections with their classmates and the display cases are locked if security is a concern. To sign up call Mrs. Sobecki (328-5824) or send an email to email@example.com . Please help make this a special way to let your child share their interest or hobby at school.
I would like to thank Charlotte C for sharing her collection in August.
Volunteers Needed in the Media Center
We need help with shelving in the library on a weekly basis. If you are able to commit a couple hours a week – that would be a huge help. Please contact Mrs. Sobecki (328-5824 or firstname.lastname@example.org ) if you are able to help.
Little Library Available at Jackson Elementary
We are excited that we now have a Little Library in front of the school. Please feel free to see what books are available and leave a book that you have finished for the next person. Enjoy!
Rhonda.email@example.com or 719-328-5824.
Attendance Line: 719.328.5813
Mrs. Sara Miller, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Tricia Shirola, Administrative Assistant: email@example.com
Mrs. Becky Hemphill, Staff Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Leslie Clinite-Ruiz, Social Worker: email@example.com
Mrs.Rhonda Sobecki, Library Technology Teacher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Jennifer Johns, Teaching & Learning Coach: email@example.com
Mrs. Taryn Wynkoop, Teaching & Learning Coach: firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff contact information can be found here: https://www.d11.org/domain/733