Homeschool TWEEN SCENE at NGHE!
An enrichment package just for 5th & 6th graders.
Get Your Student On Track And Save $72 With This Tween Track Special Offer!
North Georgia Homeschool Enrichment [NGHE] is excited about a new "TWEEN TRACK," specially created for your 5th and 6th grade students.
How easy is it to enroll? Let's see...
- Pick one class from each of the three time slots listed below: 12:30, 1:30, and 2:30pm.
- Register with us.
- That's it!
You can register your student's three classes for only $288! (Includes registration fee, tuition, and all supply fees).
That's right, for three great NGHE classes, you pay only $288. That's a savings of 20%!
Tailor your student's learning from these six, exciting course options:
12:30pm - CHOOSE ONE
- Zoology ($115) - Using the book “Exploring Creation with Zoology 2” by Apologia (Swimming Creatures of the Fifth Day). Each class will include instruction as well as hands-on experiments. Students will also be using the notebook method to keep all their notes and findings. We cover one chapter over a two week period.
- OR -
- Digital Media & Illustration ($100) - This class is for students who enjoy drawing and want to learn how to improve their drawing techniques. Great for students who like to draw cartoon characters, or anime/manga style characters, or animals, or fashion design illustration. This class will help students who are studying proportions for illustrating characters, folds, action poses, and rendering with pencils. Students are challenge at their current skill level. Beginner students will focus on studying techniques for females and/or male proportions for face, hair techniques, and full body figures.
- Drawing skills and application techniques
- How to effectively use your pencil for good compositions and layout
- Character style sheets
- Digital inking skills
Students must bring own laptop.
1:30pm - CHOOSE ONE
- Introduction to Video Game Design ($100) - Use software Autodesk Maya to create 3D environments for video games and 3D Animation. Autodesk Maya is used by such game companies as Electronic Arts (Madden), Midway (Mortal Kombat), Nintendo (Metroid Prime), and Square Enix (Kingdom Hearts). Autodesk software is used for feature film animation such as Shrek, Life of Pi, and Transformers. Students must bring own laptop or rent from the teacher for $10 per month.
- OR -
- Hands On Econ ($100) - Come join us as we use hands-on activities to give your middle grade students a solid understanding of key economic principles. If you want to expose your students to basic economics these popular activity-based lessons are an ideal way to explore economics. From capital and investing to Inflation and GNP, your students will discover and apply the key economic concepts they'll use every day of their lives.
2:30 - CHOOSE ONE
- RISE: Readiness In Science Exploration ($110) - RISE will prepare your middle school student for high school biology and chemistry labs. Your child will learn procedural practices, record step-by-step experiment observations, and record & interpret results. Each week, we will do hands-on learning through experiments like: making a biosphere for your desk, building a battery out of pennies, building the electric pickle, doing carbon dioxide experiments with dry ice, and so much more!
- OR -
- Creative Writing ($110) - What if you lived in a Minecraft game? What would you do if you found buried treasure in your back yard? What would it be like to change places with your dog? This course is all about inspiration, expression, creativity, weirdness and fun. We will practice different creative writing styles, including stories, descriptive essays, free-writing, poetry and more. Each week we will write, edit, read aloud, and encourage each other’s efforts.
Pick 3 for only $288. NO ADDITIONAL OR HIDDEN FEES. That's it!
"Monday School" Spring Session Begins January 5, 2015
Who are we?
NGHE's goal is to provide quality classes, within a Christian context, to help assist parents in their children's homeschool education. NGHE is a "drop off" Enrichment School, and its classes are not intended to fully replace parent education. NGHE, with its highly qualified staff, is here to help give you an extra boost and the assurance that you're on the right educational track.
NGHE will be offering Monday classes starting January 5 thru April 27 in a variety of subjects from basic reading to the sciences, from history to physical fitness, and of course - the arts (music, visual arts, culinary and theater arts).
Held at North Lanier Baptist Church (829 Atlanta Highway, Cumming, GA), North Georgia Homeschool Enrichment [NGHE] strives to help parents by providing quality instructors to enrich and reinforce your child’s homeschooling education with creative and challenging learning opportunities.