November and December Newsletter for BCIS Families
Bridge Creek Public School's Mission is to create Growth opportunities that promote Resilience and inspire Tenacity in every Bobcat!
Message from the Principal
Dear Students and Parents/Guardians,
Wow! This year is really flying by! It is hard to believe that it is already November and that we are only days away from Thanksgiving Break!
We have already accomplished so much this year and are looking forward to experiencing more success and fun as this semester winds down. If you do not already follow Bridge Creek Intermediate School on Facebook, please do so in order to stay informed of all the fun activities, important announcements, and student and staff celebrations at BCIS!
Please take the time to continue reading this Newsletter as it contains lots of information about activities and events coming up between now and Christmas!
As always, my door is always open and I'm just a phone call away if there is anything you need that I can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Mrs. Binet’ Castleberry, BCIS Principal
Mr. Jody Caruthers, BCIS Assistant Principal
Bridge Creek Intermediate School
Upcoming Events for November
- November 9: Veterans' Day Program hosted by BCMS Stuco: You are invited to attend the Veterans Day Assembly that is hosted by BCMS Stuco in the High School Gym Thursday morning. BCIS Students will be honoring Veterans and learning about Veterans Day with a program within their classrooms and will not be attending or performing at this year's Veterans Day Assembly at the Middle School.
- November 9: Picture Retakes
- November 16: PTO Turkey Bingo Night, 6:30-9:00 in BCIS Cafeteria
- November 20 - 24: Thanksgiving Break
- November 29: BCECC Santa Pics
- November 30: BCIS Santa Pics
Upcoming Events for December
- December 1 - School is IN SESSION
- December 5 @ 2:00 - BCIS "Crazy Christmas" Music Program
Excused Absences must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Any medical treatment that is substantiated by a physician’s written statement. THE PHYSICIAN’S STATEMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE SCHOOL AND is SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY A SCHOOL OFFICIAL
2. A court subpoena
3. Religious holidays or activities
5. Forty-eight (48) hours to treat and clear head lice with appropriate medical documentation upon return to school
In accordance with state law, students must be in regular attendance at school. The maximum number of days a student can be absent from any single class is 7 days per semester. This will include Absence Notified and Absence Unexcused days.
Before School and After School Schedule
8:20 Doors Open
Students will either go to the cafeteria for breakfast or to their classroom
8:40 Breakfast Ends
(Students should be at school by 8:35 if they wish to eat breakfast)
8:45 School Starts
3:40 Car Rider/Daycare Dismissal
3:45 Bus Rider Dismissal