Today at CCES
August 6, 2020
Dear Cub Families,
We are getting closer and closer to the first day of school, which means we are growing more and more excited with each passing day. Here is more “news to know” as we move closer to August 12:
- We are finalizing the rosters for both the e-learners and the in-person learners. Your child’s teacher will connect with you via email by this Sunday at noon to introduce herself and to share the link for our virtual “Meet and Greet.”
- Our virtual Meet and Greet for in-person learning will be August 10. You can log in at 5:00 or 5:30 to meet your teacher(s). Again, a link to the Google Meets session will be emailed to you by Sunday at noon. If you do not receive the link, or if you need additional information, you can contact the school. The Meet and Greet session will last approximately 15 minutes and all presented information will be posted on our teacher web pages following the sessions.
- Families of students that will be participating in e-Learning will be notified who their teacher is on Monday, August 10th between 12:00-3:00. They will be notified by phone and email. Please expect to receive a link in your email with a scheduled Zoom for Meet the Teacher Night. Meet the Teacher will take place from 4:30-5:30 on Monday, August 10th. Please note, your child’s teacher may not be from the home campus in which they are registered.
- You may find your child’s teacher posted in Skyward. Although you can see the name of the homeroom teacher, please note this may change in the coming days/weeks as we balance classrooms and extract e-learners.
- Parents will not be able to bring their child into the campus on the first day of school. This is a district policy. However, we have a plan in place to ensure your child gets to class safely. We will continue to help our students navigate their way to the classrooms for as long as necessary.
- If you are new to CCES, and you have not been able to visit the school, you are welcome to schedule a personal tour before August 12 or anytime during the first 9 weeks. We have already met many of our new families and we look forward to meeting all of you in the coming weeks.
- Your child will not need all his school supplies on the first day of school. This will help him travel to his classroom on the first day without juggling lots of bags and belongings. Please plan on packing pencils, crayons/markers, paper, scissors, glue for the first day of learning.
- If you ordered an EduKit, the supplies are on campus. The materials will be waiting for your child in the classroom. Students who are enrolled in the e-learning program should pick up their kits on Monday between 3:00 – 5:00. The kits can be picked up in front of the school from a staff person on duty.
- Yearbooks purchased last year will be available to students the week of August 17. The yearbooks for in-person learners will be sent home with the students in their backpacks. If you are an e-learner, we will contact you to arrange a date/time for pick up during the week of August 17. No additional books are available for purchase.
- e-learning teachers have been scheduled and are being assigned their rosters. The district e-learning administrator is Jessica Shults. Please know however that the e-learners are still CCES students and we are here to support you as you start the instructional program.
- Remember that masks are required to be worn by students while they are on campus. If your child forgets their mask or needs a mask, we are happy to provide one for them.
- Our PTO is very active and supportive! Despite new challenges, they remain more committed than ever to supporting our school, our teachers and our students. Please look for information about membership soon.
We realize that this year looks and feels a little different than in the past. One thing that remains consistent is our love for all our students and our passion for the learning that drives us in education. We may hit bumps along this new path, and we will not be perfect. However, we will strive to always be our best for your child.
Communication with your child’s teacher and campus staff will allow you to remain connected and informed. If you ever lack information that you need, please reach out to us. I am just an email or phone call away. There will be news in the neighborhood, and we would like to be a part of that pipeline. If there is something you brag about with a friend or neighbor about CCES, please share that with us! If there is a concern or reason you feel disappointed or uninformed, we need to hear that too. Together is better!