May 6, 2016
Notes and Reminders
- You will be receiving the gifted list soon to begin to develop class lists.
- When you schedule your STAR testing during the benchmark period, please send me the date and time for both math and reading. Also, please remember that re-takes are only to be given under extenuating circumstances, and you'll need my prior approval.
- Pat Broncato will be having the spring visit on Tuesday, May 17th for certified staff.
- When you get a moment, please take the time to send a thank you note or email to our PTO and district for their kind gesture of offering lunch and other goodies this week.
- Please continue to maintain a normal routine. If you plan any end of year activity/celebration, please get my prior approval.
- In your weekly communication to parents, please continue to remind them to register for next school year (especially if the following grade level will potentially split).
- As you begin to think about creating class lists for next year, please adhere to our clustering guidelines. Of course professional discretion should be used as well. This is one of the most important things we do, so be very thoughtful throughout the process.
For collaboration purposes, it's a B week.
Monday, May 9th
SWAT/STAR Benchmarking Begins!
Tuesday, May 10th
Enjoy the day!
Wednesday, May 11th
Enjoy the day!
Thursday, May 12th
PTO Meeting (4th Grade and PE Representing)
Friday, May 13th
Butterfly Release (first grade)
Mark Your Calendars...
May 16th - School Wide PD (throughout week)
May 16th - Feed My Starving Children Student Council Event
May 18th - All Day Science Committee Meeting
May 18th - Sixth Grade Field Trip (Field Museum)
May 19th - Afternoon and Evening Talent Show Presentations
May 20th - Sixth Grade DARE Graduation (1:15 p.m.)
May 20th - SWAT/STAR Benchmarking Ends!'
May 23rd - Monday Meeting (all staff)
May 27th - Field Day
May 27th - Last day of gifted services
May 30th - No School, Memorial Day
May 31st - Second Grade Field Trip (Arboretum)
May 31st - Board of Education Awards Ceremony (PM)
June 1st - GRADES DUE (8am)
June 2nd - All School Walk/Run, All School Picnic, Intermediate Awards Assembly