Week of November 22nd
Community Outreach News
Toys for Tots: The Sophomore Class is hosting a Toys for Tots drive. We are collecting new, unwrapped toys and appreciate your generosity! Please drop-off donations in the boxes throughout the building.
Tardies to School:
- The building clocks reflect actual time
- Students - please ensure that you are on-time to avoid being marked tardy (the first bell rings at 7:25am, the tardy bell follows at 7:30am)
- Masks (covering the mouth and nose) are still required of all students, staff, and visitors
- Please ensure that your student has a mask and brings it to school each day
- Mesh masks are not acceptable
- Students - please be mindful that food deliveries (from outside vendors) are prohibited during the school day
November 22nd and 23rd:
- November 22nd and 23rd are now half days of in-person school for all students
- High school students will be dismissed at 11:30am
- For your reference, the bell schedule we will follow on these days is below
Schedule for November 22nd and 23rd
FCPS Formal Assessment Policy/End-of-Term Academic Incentive (formerly Exam Exemption)
Teachers are required to formally assess students throughout the term. These assessments should be authentic in nature, where students actively demonstrate knowledge through presentations, projects, reports, portfolios, etc. Ideally, this will occur the end of a unit, course, semester, program, and/or school year.
For the 2021-2022 school year, the timeline for these assessments is as follows:
First Term -
- Midterm - completed by October 8
- End-of-Term - completed between December 6-17
Second Term –
- Midterm – completed by March 11
- End-of-Term – completed between May 16-27
The ultimate goal is for students to show mastery; therefore, they will not be exempt from these midterm and end-of-term assessments.
Fauquier County high school students are afforded the opportunity to be exempt from attending the specific class(es) on the final two days of the fall term (Thursday, December 16 and Friday, December 17) and spring term (Thursday, May 26 and Friday, May 27) provided they meet the following criteria:
- Pass the SOL/EOC assessment (if required) during the term in which they are taking the class OR
- Earn an A or B in the course
Due to the pandemic, this incentive is not based upon student absences.
The student tutoring lab is OPEN. Appointments may be made ONE week prior to the scheduled tutoring date.
The following subjects will be supported:
- Math: Algebra 1, AFDA, Geometry, & Algebra 2
- History: World 1 History & World History 2
- Science: Earth Science, Biology, Chemistry, & Physics
- English: Writing Center
- Foreign Language: Spanish, French, German, Latin, & Arabic
Any student interested in signing up can access the form during the week (M - F) by using this link: https://forms.gle/csLJYvAXBhMMzipX8
Cougar Counseling News
Attention 10th and 11th grade students:
Applications for 2022 Summer Residential Governor’s School are now available!
- These programs provide enrichment in the areas of agriculture, humanities, mathematics, science and technology, and the arts
- All applications are due to Ms. Reed in the Counseling Office by December 3, 2021
- Information and applications can be accessed at this site
Upcoming Athletic and Extracurricular Events
Tuesday, November 23th:
- Talent Show during first block
- Girls Basketball (scrimmage) vs. Patriot at home - JV at 5pm and Varsity at 6pm
COVID-19 Quarantine Information
When a student is quarantined and/or becomes ill from COVID-19, Ms. Brown (our nurse) will contact the parent/guardian (via phone or email) and provide/confirm the length of quarantine/isolation time required. The teachers of each student will also be notified. School Counselors will then contact the parent (via email) to confirm that teachers are aware of this information. The following protocol for quarantined/isolated students (due to COVID-19 only) is being followed:
Instructional Guidelines for High School Students in Quarantine/Isolation
High school teachers will make links available for students to join each class virtually for the first 15-40 minutes of each class to create some synchronous learning for quarantined students.
The primary goal for quarantine students is to see and hear directions and content that will support their independent learning.
Teachers will also be available during office hours at times determined by the teacher. Each teacher will communicate the time available to students.
Please note that this learning platform is only available for students who are quarantined and/or in isolation (relative to COVID-19).
Questions relative to assignments/instruction/course-related matters while students are absent should be directed to the responsible teacher.
To view specific COVID-19 case information, please visit the FCPS Dashboard.
To learn more about quarantine requirements, close contacts, and vaccination information, please review this newsletter from the division.
Please remember that masks (covering the mouth and nose) are required while inside our building. This applies to parents, guardians as well.
We will be selling Krispy Kreme Donuts at the KRHS Home Basketball games this 2021-2022 season. Pre-order your donuts and pick up at the game! Click here to place your order or go to KettleRunAfterProm.com for more details. Submit your order by Tuesday, November 29th for the December 3 basketball game.